Legalising unregistered land

ukmicky
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Legalising unregistered land

Post by ukmicky » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:00 pm

s62 is not an implied easement ,it is a form of express easement that basically upgrades a already held right.
Any information provided is not legal advice and you are advised to gain a professional opinion

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:23 am

Hi pilman,

Another option which seems to have been disregarded from the outset:

The original owner of the parcel of land on which 23-27 were built didn't sell it all to the developer and retained that part which is now being described as a path set out by the developer.

Or is this impossible?

Kind regards, Mac

pilman

Post by pilman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:44 pm

That is how I analysed the setting out of the three houses on land in single ownership.
Based on over 40 years of dealing with land and property I stand by that statement made earlier.

I now am beginning to understand what the word "Trolls" means when associated with computer forums, as It now seems that inexperienced individuals who have suddenly become prolific posters have a better awareness of real life situations than I do.

Let all OP's understand that anyone can post on Garden Law, irrespective of their actual knowledge of land law or practical building requirements, but I genuinely try to offer advice based on knowledge I have acquired as a planning consultant and property developer since 1974 when I bought the first property earmarked for development.
I also have a current library of law books to refer to if I am unsure of how to advise anyone posting on Garden Law.

If that is considered to be the ramblings of an overly sensitive 72 year old, then so be it, but how anyone can think a property owner would retain a small strip of land as shown in this posting rather than this was a deliberate attempt by the builder to set out a back access to the house being built absolutely confounds me.

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi pilman,

I recognise that your "troll" paragraph might be aimed at the likes of me?

Please don't think I consider my contributions as anything more than non-expert, unqualified opinion with the sole purpose of trying to help the OP or improve my understanding.

There are members like yourself and Conveyancer who I regard as bona fide experts and I'm a big advocate of the maxim "do as pilman says".

If I get the wrong end of the stick it is unintentional.
If I ask for further clarification on a point it is just that.

Kind and humble regards, Mac

ukmicky

Post by ukmicky » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:44 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:Hi pilman,

Please don't think I consider my contributions as anything more than non-expert, unqualified opinion with the sole purpose of trying to help the OP or improve my understanding.

There are members like yourself and Conveyancer who I regard as bona fide experts and I'm a big advocate of the maxim "do as pilman says".

No it is directed at me

Me and Pilman have had many disagreements in the past and that is typical of his form of reply when we disagree.

In the end neither he or i are experts we just have knowledge learnt from reading books and cases on the internet over many years.

This anyone can do and i suggest should anyone wish to see what situations s62 applies to they perform their own searches using google. Do not however go by the information gained from one single source.
Any information provided is not legal advice and you are advised to gain a professional opinion

arsie

Post by arsie » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:30 pm

ukmicky wrote:
MacadamB53 wrote:Hi pilman,

No it is directed at me

Me and Pilman have had many disagreements in the past and that is typical of his form of reply when we disagree.

In the end neither he or i are experts we just have knowledge learnt from reading books and cases on the internet over many years.

This anyone can do and i suggest should anyone wish to see what situations s62 applies to they perform their own searches using google. Do not however go by the information gained from one single source.
Ukmicky it is honest of you to own up to a dispute and we all have them on here from time to time but, to me, Pilman speaks well (as you do) with gravitas and he tells of decades of work in planning and development and quotes his sources which appear authoritative and dependable. Of course you are correct about relying on books and the Internet but, short of posting up CVs and having these checked out by professional HR firms, what do you suggest? I think on another thread you gave your background - was it in BT related area - but I think we have to tolerate each other.

Example:
I think some people write much more than they read and don't step back and think about how the answers appear to the OP related to his/her problems. Sometimes I wish there was less hammering of a particular poster's own angle to keep the threads free of clutter. But I have to be tolerant.

ukmicky

Post by ukmicky » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:03 pm

nothingtodowithme wrote:
pilman wrote:
That is how I analysed the setting out of the three houses on land in single ownership.
Based on over 40 years of dealing with land and property I stand by that statement made earlier.

I now am beginning to understand what the word "Trolls" means when associated with computer forums, as It now seems that inexperienced individuals who have suddenly become prolific posters have a better awareness of real life situations than I do.

Let all OP's understand that anyone can post on Garden Law, irrespective of their actual knowledge of land law or practical building requirements, but I genuinely try to offer advice based on knowledge I have acquired as a planning consultant and property developer since 1974 when I bought the first property earmarked for development.
I also have a current library of law books to refer to if I am unsure of how to advise anyone posting on Garden Law.

If that is considered to be the ramblings of an overly sensitive 72 year old, then so be it, but how anyone can think a property owner would retain a small strip of land as shown in this posting rather than this was a deliberate attempt by the builder to set out a back access to the house being built absolutely confounds me.

I find your posts informative; do not be disheartened, I am sure the op will take all answers on board.
Hopefully he will