Enclosing on Neighbours wall and Party Wall Act

Enclosing on Neighbours wall and Party Wall Act

Postby SimonC » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:33 pm


I have tried to find an answer to this but have failed!

I am building an extension to my Semi, and my neighbour as agreed to me using the wall of is existing extension along our boundary as the external wall of my new extension. His existing wall is all within his boundary - so is not an existing Party Wall. It runs along side my existing driveway. I plan to build a single 100mm brick wall to form a cavity along his wall, so save the space of a full cavity wall.

How exactly do I go about legally converting this to a Type B Party Wall? I cant find much about it in the guidance booklet or example notices. What notice would I send?

I am very keen to be fair with him so was thinking of paying him half the cost of building the poriton of the wall I am going to use. Is that normal?

Many thanks in advance,

Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Boundaries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Janieb and 3 guests