3 not wise men

liveinpeace
Number of Posts per Page: 10
Number of topics per page: 10

Re: 3 not wise men

Post by liveinpeace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:01 am

thanks despair
I am going to ask my solicitor not to respond to their next letters unless they are seeing some sense.I will have a read up on the personality disorder mentioned.
I really care about my actions and the impact that i have on others, so it seems completely alien when you meet someone who has no concept or care of this.
as you seem so knowledgeable of how these people work, did you go through a nasty dispute yourself, did you ever post it so i can read it?
I really do appreciate all your advice and the sense you have made of their behaviour. there really is a kind of personality profile to the kind of people who actively choose to cause a boundary dispute and create so much misery through greed and lack of reasoning. you constantly read cases of people who move into a property get their plans and then knock on a 70 year old neighbours door and tell them their fence has been in the wrong place for 50 years and they are going to move it back as they want to build a massive extension, then cant understand why the neighbour says no and is being unreasonable ! what would happen if we all wanted the boundary put back to then, fencing contractors would be more wealthy than solicitors!

despair

Post by despair » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Yes i was subjected to total nonsense , downright lies and intense harassment by a real bully neighbour who had also tried it elsewhere so i know exactly how gruelling it can be and how easy it is to doubt your sanity

Suffice it to say they have slunk off into a corner

liveinpeace

Post by liveinpeace » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:13 pm

sorry I have not updated for a while been doing extra hours at work to pay for the next solicitors bill! well my solicitor has sent a much firmer letter saying that we will not be compromising our privacy in order for them to access their garden. Their last letter stated that we had caused this entire boundary dispute through our actions and they dictated to our solicitor what he should be doing and told him what the outcome should be(eg us losing). He was not very happy about this to say the least. you can just tell from their solicitors letters that he is just sending whatever they want him to put,he knows they are wealthy so I am sure he is happy just to keep writing the letters and take their money. so we have come to the decision after our last letter we will not be responding to any more,is this a good idea? we have not heard anything for two weeks now, but they saw me on my own brushing the drive the other day and they just stood there giving me the evils till I went in, but they look the other way when my chap is around. how brave of them.

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:45 pm

liveinpeace wrote:sorry I have not updated for a while been doing extra hours at work to pay for the next solicitors bill! well my solicitor has sent a much firmer letter saying that we will not be compromising our privacy in order for them to access their garden. Their last letter stated that we had caused this entire boundary dispute through our actions and they dictated to our solicitor what he should be doing and told him what the outcome should be(eg us losing). He was not very happy about this to say the least. you can just tell from their solicitors letters that he is just sending whatever they want him to put,he knows they are wealthy so I am sure he is happy just to keep writing the letters and take their money. so we have come to the decision after our last letter we will not be responding to any more,is this a good idea? we have not heard anything for two weeks now, but they saw me on my own brushing the drive the other day and they just stood there giving me the evils till I went in, but they look the other way when my chap is around. how brave of them.

Compromising your privacy seems a very poor choice of reason when your property is going to be devalued and an area of your land will be burdened with rights preventing you from using it in the way you wish.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

liveinpeace

Post by liveinpeace » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:58 pm

hello arborlad
he did really give it to them this time, that was just one of the reasons, he categorically stated that there never had been any access and there never will be. he also asked them if it was access and or ownership as they seemed to be contradicting themselves.

I've just been splitting logs outside for the last hour,I just start thinking how angry they make me feel and the job gets done twice as quick!

SwitchRich

Post by SwitchRich » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:27 pm

I love splitting logs! So satisfying :D

Thanks for keeping the forum updated. So many stories never get concluded so thanks for the update and good luck with your fight!

despair

Post by despair » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Just imagine each log is one of 3 heads

liveinpeace

Post by liveinpeace » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:39 pm

well its over a month and still no response from our last solicitors letter, I dont know if this is good news or bad, it has left us a little in limbo waiting to see what madness and demands will be next on their agenda. I did hear from a friend who works in a nursing home that their mother has passed away. so as they were lasting acting powers of attorney I dont know if this puts them in a stronger position now. One thing they have recently done is to remove all evidence of where the old wall at the back was before they moved it over two feet on to our land, they have dug up the old foundations and got rid of all the old bricks. the house needs quite a bit of work done to it, so it is strange this has been a priority.

despair

Post by despair » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:07 am

I hope you have photos of the old wall and all their latest removal of it

It takes around 6 months for probate so they wont be able to sell till they get that

I think your solicitor might need to place a challenge on LR over the boundary ...not sure if thats possible or a wise move
See what others say

liveinpeace

Post by liveinpeace » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 am

thanks despair
through advice given on this forum I have photographed absolutely everything in great detail and from every angle!
That is good news regarding probate, I hope we get some peace for a while, though I do know that they might consider renting. we asked about putting a caution in place with the LR but he said that due to something (it was really worded beyond my limited knowledge) that it was not possible.

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 am

liveinpeace wrote:t. we asked about putting a caution in place with the LR but he said that due to something (it was really worded beyond my limited knowledge) that it was not possible.

There are members who have knowledge of the process, if you can place the gist of the wording on here, someone's likely to advise further.
arborlad

liveinpeace

Post by liveinpeace » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:50 am

thanks arborlad

my solicitor advised me to do this,I did and didnt understand any of it, I am wary of posting information on garden law as I realise the wording has to be exact.
so this is what my solicitor told me to do:

I am not convinced that we should lodge a caution against first registration I do not think we fulfill the criteria .

Please look at http://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/landregisrty then go to practice guide 3

1st paragraph page 4 and first ¼ of page 7 .

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Your link doesn't appear to work - this one should: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... gistration
arborlad

liveinpeace

Post by liveinpeace » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:17 pm

see what your dealing with arborlad,i cant even copy a link properly, no wonder the brothers thought we would be a push over,lord help us!
hope people can see why we needed a solicitors help. I really am not the sharpest knife.

I do however make the most fantastic pies but sadly this is of no use here.

alyson

Post by alyson » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:30 pm

despair wrote:
It takes around 6 months for probate so they wont be able to sell till they get that
It is possible to gain a grant of probate in six weeks, dont be lulled into a false sense of security by thinking you have lots of time.