Boundary fence dispute

Newbury
Number of Posts per Page: 6
Number of topics per page: 2

Re: Boundary fence dispute

Post by Newbury » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I thought I'd read somewhere someone once had paved over an area owned by the council and they had been told to dig it up and put it back to its original state.

I suppose it's always difficult for the council and highways to decide how to spend their resources. But I thought there would be some restriction to altering council land without permission. Ot will definitely become very uneven when they stsrt drininh up and down it! Supposing someone trips over on the uneven surface?

Anyway once again thank you for your advice!

Anthracite

Post by Anthracite » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Surely all the council need do is install a bollard at the end of the path?

Newbury

Post by Newbury » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi there,
Well I hope it may lead to something like a bollard but it needs reporting first. I just wasn't sure if someone could lay slabs like that.

Thinking about it I'm sure people must need some sort of permission to do that or there would hardly be any grass left anywhere. But it's not just a cosmetic thing - as cars will be driving up it to park. I dont think they realise a big car driving on those slabs (simply put onto the ground without any sort of foundation work) will just fall apart real quick.

Thank you for the reply!

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Newbury wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:46 pm
I'm sure people must need some sort of permission to do that or there would hardly be any grass left anywhere.
the neighbour may have adopted an “act first, apologise later” approach rather than seek the owner’s permission.

just like I could help myself to my neighbour’s car without asking permission... ...if you get my drift...

the owner of the verge (council) needs to be made aware of the situation so that they can take action as necessary.

kind regards, Mac

Newbury

Post by Newbury » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Thank you Mac. Really appreciate you taking the time to read my post and answer!

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 pm

mr sheen wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:27 pm
You are thinking of moving so you need to separate what is in your interest and what is none of your business.

This is good advice.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

SJC14

Post by SJC14 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Anthracite wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:21 pm
Surely all the council need do is install a bollard at the end of the path?
The email address or webform to contact the Roads Department of the local Authority will be online, so will a phone call. Photos of exactly the above will make them action the removal of the paving and erect a bollard, possibly at the neighbours expense. All authorities will action contact made to them if they have merit and the above does look like it has merit as anyone walking down a foot path does not expect a car to drive up it.

Newbury

Post by Newbury » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your reply. Hopefully it will all be resolved in time. I will keep you posted! (no pun intended)