neighbour attacking my garden

Carriecupcake
Number of Posts per Page: 7
Number of topics per page: 1

neighbour attacking my garden

Post by Carriecupcake » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 pm

I have a hedge which is on my land on the boundary side with my neighbour. The fence between our properties is his and my hedge does not touch his fence yet he is trying to kill it off with weed killer and has devised various devious ways to get the weed killer onto my property without me seeing him - I have cctv evidence of him doing it, but he still won't stop. A friend told me that the police won't do anything unless I can prove that what he poured onto my garden is actually weed killer. What can I do?

Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: neighbour attacking my garden

Post by Collaborate » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:06 am

Find an expert and get them to analyse the soil after you see him try and drop more poison. Take that to the police or the civil courts.

Your hedge isn't 20' of leylandii is it?

Morph

Re: neighbour attacking my garden

Post by Morph » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi - I had a similar issue I documented on this forum, where the neighbour wasn’t happy with our fence and tried to ruin it on his side by pouring water on it to soften it then undid the supports with a claw-bar. This was videoed to a good quality.
We didn’t call 999, but spoke to the community police and explained the issue, he verified our evidence (some cctv footage isn’t always good quality); and popped round (though took some pushing as I understand it’s not the biggest issue) and asked the neighbour to stop it or face potential proceedings for criminal damage. The water damage was considered evidence. My situation maybe slightly different in that he damaged our fence , but don’t assume the police will no nothing. Could you face up to the neighbour and ask him to stop, or write him a polite letter and say what your concerns are?