Neighbour building shed using boundary fence as wall

paulfoel

Neighbour building shed using boundary fence as wall

Post by paulfoel » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:57 am

Bit of background. Used to get on OK with them. Until years ago my kid and his had a bit of a falling out (they were about 5 at the time!). I always thought he was a bit strange - seemed to have a bit of a "everyones out to get me" and a "us against the world" mentality. He'd moan the tesco delivery lorry had hit his fence so he installed a HUGE hidden iron bar in there for next time, other things too.

So he started this on us for some reason. Refused to allow us access to put a ladder in his garden to perform maintenance on roof (although when he wanted the same he didn't ask but climbed over the fence), objected to our planning permission for garage conversion (because he could), hassles builders when they do work for us (even moaned once they got the shared driveway wet). God forbid anyone delivering takeaway parks on his part of the shared driveway - hes out there like a shot screaming at them!

So the boundary fence. He put a tressle on top without asking us - let that one go. Bit much when he moaned that we put xmas lights on fence one year....

To be honest, we've tried speaking to him politely. Not interested. We've tried ignoring it and letting things go hoping he'd get bored. The guy is relentless and keeps it going.

Anyway, hes now decided (again without politely asking) to build a sort of shed next to his house that is using the boundary fence as one if its walls. Doesn't seem the best idea to be honest. What we don't want is for his stupid construction to damage or pull down the fence which ends up costing money.

Whats the law on this? Surely you can't just attach what you want to a boundary fence like this?

What can we do about it legally?

arborlad

Re: Neighbour building shed using boundary fence as wall

Post by arborlad » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:42 am

arborlad

smile...it confuses people

paulfoel

Re: Neighbour building shed using boundary fence as wall

Post by paulfoel » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:53 pm

Ah ongoing. I forgot about this...