how do I keep kids off fence

CoffeeDrinker

Re: how do I keep kids off fence

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

juliet wrote:Use anti climb paint and then when parents complain, say it was just stain but you don't know why it didn't dry properly....and the worse that can happen is that they take you small claims court for a new outfit? Who really could be bothered to do that?
That is not the worst that can happen anf the small claims does not even apply in this circumstances, not in Ireland anyway
juliet

Post by juliet »

What is the worse that could happen then?
CoffeeDrinker

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

juliet wrote:What is the worse that could happen then?
i do not know but nothing to do with small claims anyway
Mattylad
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by Mattylad »

How about a sprinkler system?

Turn it on when they are on the fence :D
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
andrew54

Post by andrew54 »

CoffeeDrinker wrote: want them off now fence is new and do not want it damaged
Is your new fence really so weak that it would be damaged by kids climbing on it? It should be fit for purpose - ie to keep people out.
CoffeeDrinker

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

do not want them on it anyway my property. plenty of room to play besides gawking over my fence
despair

Post by despair »

Sadly some kids these days can cause untold damage and downright inconvenience

i think the only answer is to find a Big Plant Nursery and buy big Pyracantha

You could try your local Freegle group

Someone may want to dig out Pyracantha .........given TLC they move fairly happily
CoffeeDrinker

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

the fence is 4 feet high and 16 feet long, how many is that and how can the pyracantha be on the top. it is a picket like http://www.gardendeckingfencing.ie/high ... -fence.asp

has anyone used that plastic barbed wire, it might not be as dangerous as barbed wire itself?
despair

Post by despair »

A pyracantha hedge will soon project fwd of the top of the fence

No kid is going to try climbing /sitting on pyracantha hedge ...........its too darn prickly

about 10 decent size plants should be adequate
Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg »

Put something nice and disgusting on the top - I'll leave it to your imagination what to use but if your fence is painted brown anyway it wont show. Once they get some under their fingernails they won't come back in a hurry.

Or spread fresh manure, chicken manure etc. behind the fence. Or wrotten eggs - anthything that smells bad. Once you have broken their habit of climbing on your fence you can clear up the smelly stuff and enjoy your garden again.

Or try googling stink bombs. There's some good recipes for making bad smells yourself.
Sudynim

Post by Sudynim »

katee wrote:Ah yes, it must not be used on anywhere under 2m :(
Says who?
arborlad

Post by arborlad »

CoffeeDrinker wrote:the fence is 4 feet high and 16 feet long, how many is that and how can the pyracantha be on the top. it is a picket like http://www.gardendeckingfencing.ie/high ... -fence.asp

has anyone used that plastic barbed wire, it might not be as dangerous as barbed wire itself?
Which way round did you erect the fence, does it have the rails your side?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
CoffeeDrinker

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

arborlad wrote:
CoffeeDrinker wrote:the fence is 4 feet high and 16 feet long, how many is that and how can the pyracantha be on the top. it is a picket like http://www.gardendeckingfencing.ie/high ... -fence.asp

no on theri side.plus there is a small boundary fence that was always there. Because i did not want a boundary fence and wanted my fence in my garden i left the boundary fence in place and erected at my side.

They use my mine to pull themselves up on the small fence and lean on mine to balance.it is not designed for that and i do not want them gaping in my door.plenty space to play besides there..they may not care about the small fence but i care about mine as i paid for it and will have to paint preservative on it.

The rails are just like in the pic, you see it from 'their' side but both sides ar ein my garden so if i could have something for the rails that would deter but not really hurt... like plastic barbed wire.
arborlad

Post by arborlad »

CoffeeDrinker wrote:
arborlad wrote:

no on theri side.plus there is a small boundary fence that was always there. Because i did not want a boundary fence and wanted my fence in my garden i left the boundary fence in place and erected at my side.

They use my mine to pull themselves up on the small fence and lean on mine to balance.it is not designed for that and i do not want them gaping in my door.plenty space to play besides there..they may not care about the small fence but i care about mine as i paid for it and will have to paint preservative on it.

The rails are just like in the pic, you see it from 'their' side but both sides ar ein my garden so if i could have something for the rails that would deter but not really hurt... like plastic barbed wire.
I'd get your contractor back to do it properly, all you've done is built a climbing frame for them!

Who does the original fence belong to?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
Mattylad
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by Mattylad »

Plastic - would that be prikka strips the?

under the guise of keeping cats off.
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.