how do I keep kids off fence

CoffeeDrinker

Re: how do I keep kids off fence

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

I'd get your contractor back to do it properly, all you've done is built a climbing frame for them!

Who does the original fence belong t
i chose the way the rails were so contractor is not at fault. I may have unwittingly built climbing frame but do not think so as it is the small fence they stand on. original fence was placed there when houses built
Mattylad
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by Mattylad »

So they are standing on the top rail?

Ca you put triangular shaped bits of wood along it so that they do not have an even platform to stand on?
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
CoffeeDrinker

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

So they are standing on the top rail?

Ca you put triangular shaped bits of wood along it so that they do not have an even platform to stand on?
no they are standing on the old fence the original,not mine, boundary fence but pulling out of mine to get up and leaning on mine for suppory and gaping in my garden.The original is only a one foot high step over thing

I cannot touch the original little fence as it is a boundary fence and as much the neighbours as mine. That is why i had mine erected in my garden on my side of the boundary. I do not care if they sit on the original little fence but standing on it is using mine and gaping in my garden
CoffeeDrinker

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

Mattylad wrote:Plastic - would that be prikka strips the?

under the guise of keeping cats off.
i don't think they are allowed that low. I was wondering about plastic barbed wire where the barbs may not be as dangerous but i am not sure
Mattylad
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by Mattylad »

Are you able to post a photo at all? this is puzzling.

So there are 2 fences?
How are these kids getting to the fence if it is the boundary between you and your neighbour?
Are they your neighbours kids? (in which case have you discussed it with your neighbour?)

You may not be able to post a full link due to posting restrictions on new members, so post it
with spaces in it and we can make it a proper link for you.
A photo added to photobucket etc would do the job.
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
arborlad

Post by arborlad »

CoffeeDrinker wrote:
I'd get your contractor back to do it properly, all you've done is built a climbing frame for them!

i chose the way the rails were so contractor is not at fault. I may have unwittingly built climbing frame but do not think so as it is the small fence they stand on. original fence was placed there when houses built
Did you take any advice on this, you've built it the wrong way round and put the fence at risk and quite probably in the wrong location and put your land at risk.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
CoffeeDrinker

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

arborlad wrote:
CoffeeDrinker wrote:

Did you take any advice on this, you've built it the wrong way round and put the fence at risk and quite probably in the wrong location and put your land at risk.
it is not the wrong way around and i did not build it. the small fence is there anyway and is the problem. if you cannot contribuite to the relevant question please do not post
arborlad

Post by arborlad »

CoffeeDrinker wrote: it is not the wrong way around and i did not build it. the small fence is there anyway and is the problem. if you cannot contribuite to the relevant question please do not post
As you wish - good luck.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
katee
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by katee »

Nail some bitumen flashing tape (bitumen side facing out) where they put their fingers and feet. :evil:
CoffeeDrinker

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

arborlad wrote:
CoffeeDrinker wrote: it is not the wrong way around and i did not build it. the small fence is there anyway and is the problem. if you cannot contribuite to the relevant question please do not post
As you wish - good luck.
Sorry did not mean to be harsh but I have done all this by the book and had it passed by the appropriate powers before having it erected. Previous to the fence had dogs dirt in garden and kids breaking plants now they cannot leave the fence alone
CoffeeDrinker

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

katee wrote:Nail some bitumen flashing tape (bitumen side facing out) where they put their fingers and feet. :evil:
you mean like http://bostik.ie/diy/product/evo-stik/Flashband/285