Front garden screening and height allowed.

billy the kid

Front garden screening and height allowed.

Post by billy the kid » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:48 am

Hi All,

We have neighbours that like to keep four dustbins in their front garden and building materials of all discriptions.
So i grew a small leylandi hedge some 6ft in height well kept,neat and tidy on my side and recently "butchered" on his.I do fully understand he has every right to cut back to the 3ft fence.
My question is any advice on the law,plants,screening tight up to the 3ft tall fence to hide the scruffy neighbour`s garden from our view.

Thankyou.

andrew54

Re: Front garden screening and height allowed.

Post by andrew54 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:39 am

billy the kid wrote:Hi All,

We have neighbours that like to keep four dustbins in their front garden and building materials of all discriptions.
So i grew a small leylandi hedge some 6ft in height well kept,neat and tidy on my side and recently "butchered" on his.I do fully understand he has every right to cut back to the 3ft fence.
My question is any advice on the law,plants,screening tight up to the 3ft tall fence to hide the scruffy neighbour`s garden from our view.

Thankyou.
Why change from your present hedge?

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:34 am

I don't think it matters what hedge you have, just cut it both sides so that they don't have an excuse to cut it.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Thankyou Andrew,Will remain,

Yes we will keep the hedge although it is ruined on neighbours side and i`m told permanently due to such heavy pruning,- thats theirs to look at :lol:

Regards.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 pm

billy the kid wrote:Thankyou Andrew,Will remain,

Yes we will keep the hedge although it is ruined on neighbours side and i`m told permanently due to such heavy pruning,- thats theirs to look at :lol:

Regards.
Well that's it! If they want to look at dead hedge, that is their look out! :lol: :lol: As long as your side looks nice.

kipper

Post by kipper » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:47 am

Of course there is also the argument that you have planted the hedge far too close to the boundary without allowing for growth, therefore "heavy" pruning is necessary by the neighbours to prevent excessive encroachment.