Neighbour's hedge

Morgan Sweet

Re: Neighbour's hedge

Post by Morgan Sweet » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:03 pm

arborlad wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:15 am
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:56 pm
Criticism of my postings from some individuals is their prerogative but appears to arise from not reading or understanding the English language it its correct form.

Criticism of your postings is on the basis that they are absolutely, completely and utterly wrong...............
No, when reading the criticism it is clear that you do not understand the posting and jump to a conclusion that is incorrect.

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:20 pm

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:03 pm
arborlad wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:15 am
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:56 pm
Criticism of my postings from some individuals is their prerogative but appears to arise from not reading or understanding the English language it its correct form.

Criticism of your postings is on the basis that they are absolutely, completely and utterly wrong...............
No, when reading the criticism it is clear that you do not understand the posting and jump to a conclusion that is incorrect.

What's to misunderstand about advising an illegal act :roll: :roll:

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:49 pm
If the hedge is growing over your side, then discretely, treat the overhanging area with a strong glyphosate mixture of weed killer.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:55 am
MacadamB53 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:38 pm
“Morgan Sweet” wrote:It is important when giving legal advice that you have a proficient grasp of the language.
in case there’s any confusion, no postings on this forum should be considered as legal advice.

here’s point No 1 of the forum’s disclaimer that all new members are asked to read:

1. This forum is for general information only and DOES NOT constitute professional advice.

kind regards, Mac
Again you misrepresent what I wrote, you do need to read more carefully to understand the English language. All advice to do with the Law is Legal Advice just as all advice to do with horticulture is horticultural advice; the disclaimer says however, that does not constitute professional advice.
Hi Morgan Sweet,

I wish you no wrong - please stop being so defensive.

I was making it clear to the forum at large, some of whom might not make the distinction, rather than trying to correct you.

kind regards, Mac

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 am

arborlad wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 am
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:16 am
The way you chose to remove the overhanging branches from your property has never been prescribed (in my experience). A good dose of glyphosate will kill off even leylandii branches. Naturally you, of course, should take the utmost care not to kill the offending hedge, although it is very difficult to prove how a plant has died.

As a farmer or contractor you should already be aware of the misuse of pesticides and how foliar-acting herbicides work - if not, go ask your son before you give any more bad advice.

For the OP: what type of hedge is it?

The above was suggested in good faith. Everyone who has been critical of the contents of your posts is a professional in some shape or form - myself included.

Your continued attempts to justify your illegal advice will bring the forum into disrepute.

You now need to go and see your son as a matter of urgency - hopefully a family member will put you right where professionals have failed!!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Morgan Sweet

Post by Morgan Sweet » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:45 pm

I do not wish to bring the forum into disrepute and would never knowingly advocate any illegal means to remedy a situation. The safe working with pesticides is indeed an HSE legal requirement and contractors/ farmers have to abide by them. You have to be certificated (or claim Grandfather rights) to professionally use the substances. These regulations came into law after I had long retired from using weed killers. The complication is that it is my understanding that these regulations do not apply to the (amateur) homeowner who I believe can legally use a weed killer as described. I clearly stated that it should be used discretely only on the overhanging branches and that the utmost care should be taken not to kill the plant. If this advice is illegal then I apologise and it should not be followed. I will not be contacting any of my sons on the matter as not one of them has any legal qualifications and they will probably each have a different point of view.