Neighbour’s hedges

mr rusty

Re: Neighbour’s hedges

Post by mr rusty »

I would forget the trees themselves and focus on the roots. Far easier to show damage caused by roots and that is actionable. https://www.warnergoodman.co.uk/site/bl ... it%20poses.

Note the reference to knowledge and duty of care.

I would write a letter as a line in the sand, with photos of your patio as is now. As soon as there is any damage you have the line in the sand against which to claim damages.
WoodPledge

Re: Neighbour’s hedges

Post by WoodPledge »

mr rusty wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:39 pm I would forget the trees themselves and focus on the roots. Far easier to show damage caused by roots and that is actionable. https://www.warnergoodman.co.uk/site/bl ... it%20poses.

Note the reference to knowledge and duty of care.

I would write a letter as a line in the sand, with photos of your patio as is now. As soon as there is any damage you have the line in the sand against which to claim damages.
Thanks you for the link. It’s very useful. I would make further researches and would also likely to get in touch with Helen from the link.P

Update: I took on my neighbours’ (on the side of our property) to checked the titles of the property. They did say that originally, the developer placed the fence behind the old hedges and farther away from our existing fence; but were surprised that the developers had moved it closer to us in the end. Looking at the deed, the google aerial view and from my side neighbour’s fence, it appears we are a couple of meters short on our side of the property. It does appear that the Fence should have been before the old leylandiis and not before. But reading the process of reclaiming the land is a tedious task that I don’t think I have the spirit to take it forward.

I am taking phots of the state of my patio, and fences and would send them the images and our concern for a foreseeable damage that their trees can cause as they are planted against the fence.