Hedge Heights and Restrictive Covenants

joanne

tell your story

Post by joanne » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:45 am

Hi, I'm a journalist writing an article for a national newspaper about problems people have with their neighbours.
New research suggests that more of us than ever are having problems with neighbours, particularly about boundaries, building extensions, planning permission, etc.
I'm looking for a case study of someone who has had problems and can have a quick chat about how/if they resolved them.
I'd need a few minutes of your time on the phone, and the paper may wish to publish a photo of you (taken at your convenience).
Anyone interested in contributing, please do contact me.
Best wishes
Joanne

petnanny

Re: Hedge Heights and Restrictive Covenants

Post by petnanny » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:14 pm

I am having exactly the same problem, only the hedge in question, which is also a laurel, is now approximately 6 metres high!

We only moved into our property a few months ago, but did not realise that our light would be so affected, or the damage is it is now causing to our fence.

Our solicitor has tracked down the company responsible for planting the two hedges (double thickness) and it seems like it is a management company run by the residents who's houses require the privacy that they provide.

I am in the process of drafting a letter in the hope that the size will be reduced under the 'high hedge legislation', so I would be interested in your outcome.

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Hedge Heights and Restrictive Covenants

Post by MacadamB53 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:03 pm

petnanny wrote:I am having exactly the same problem, only the hedge in question, which is also a laurel, is now approximately 6 metres high!

We only moved into our property a few months ago, but did not realise that our light would be so affected, or the damage is it is now causing to our fence.

Our solicitor has tracked down the company responsible for planting the two hedges (double thickness) and it seems like it is a management company run by the residents who's houses require the privacy that they provide.

I am in the process of drafting a letter in the hope that the size will be reduced under the 'high hedge legislation', so I would be interested in your outcome.
the chances of the OP telling you the outcome seem remote to me - they were only ever an active member on the forum for a five month period and that was over 11 years ago...