It is my hedge!

wallflower

Post by wallflower » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:10 am

with regards to the slabs well half slabs and bits and bobs that he could find to go under my hedge what change does he have of claiming that piece of land as his own??my land is registered his is not.spoke to a surveyor and he was on about squatters rights does that mean adverse possesion.oh i am getting confused.can anyone help

despair

Post by despair » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:15 am

Squatters rights / adverse possesion pretty much same thing

if his slabs are on your land how long have they been there ?

wallflower

Post by wallflower » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 am

well im not sure really.they werent there approx 13 years ago neighbour other side has picture.apparantly their grandson used to play on the grass when he was little and he is only 13 so i would guess a few years but cant be precise.they are only half bits and bobs which are cut and smashed round the roots of or bush.but he hasnt enclosed round it in any other way .i thought it had to be enclosed.the law is certainly a funny old thing

wallflower

Post by wallflower » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:06 pm

what if i just went and took them up....he wouldnt be squatting then would he?he hasnt made an application yet but think that is what he is up to.surely a fewe half slabs under my hedge what he has put their as he said to stop the weeds coming up does not constitute possesion.

wallflower

Post by wallflower » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:48 pm

another point about all this is that the nfh has already resited their boundary fence (before i took part of my hedge out) which i believe has been unchanged for 40 + years and resited as they have said onto the boundary .....this still does not fall in line with my hedge.
i am getting more confused by the minute! :?