Wayleave - removal of electric pole

Wayleave - removal of electric pole

Postby Jazzyboy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:04 pm

I have an electric pole at the rear of my bungalow property that carries electric supply to my property, also attached to the pole is a BT phone cable that carries connection to my property and that of the next door neighbour. There is no Wayleave with either BT or the electric supply company. I would like the pole moved to another position on my property or to do away with the pole as the cable for both electric and telephone could now be attached to the property due to a gable end(doing a loft conversion) on the property being of sufficient height and closer to the nearest pole outside my property. On initial contact with BT they want nearly £300 to inspect and assess the issue. I am still awaiting quote/inspection from electric company (suspect this may be £000s). Any good advise welcome
Jazzyboy

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Wayleave - removal of electric pole

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Jazzyboy wrote:I have an electric pole at the rear of my bungalow property that carries electric supply to my property, also attached to the pole is a BT phone cable that carries connection to my property and that of the next door neighbour. There is no Wayleave with either BT or the electric supply company. I would like the pole moved to another position on my property or to do away with the pole as the cable for both electric and telephone could now be attached to the property due to a gable end(doing a loft conversion) on the property being of sufficient height and closer to the nearest pole outside my property. On initial contact with BT they want nearly £300 to inspect and assess the issue. I am still awaiting quote/inspection from electric company (suspect this may be £000s). Any good advise welcome
youll have to pay for them to move/remove and you are not entitled to a wayleave - because the apparatus supplies your premises.
MacadamB53

Return to Rights of Way