Public footpath through garden

jdfi
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Public footpath through garden

Post by jdfi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:39 am

loveka wrote:I can't see the statement on line. But I assume it matches the map as the vendor has a solicitor on the case. The solicitor is arguing with the council that they have not kept the map properly as is their responsibility- due to there being a footpath which has been there for at least 20 years, marked by the council on the ground, which the council insist doesn't exist.

I feel sorry for the vendor, as he bought the house in good faith and now can't sell it. Unless someone comes along with cash.
This is why it's good for a solicitor to be thorough. Vendor has a theoretical complaint to the conveyancer who looked after him when he bought.

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:20 am

loveka wrote:I can't see the statement on line. But I assume it matches the map ...............

You can't assume anything under these circumstances. The Definitive Map and Statement is a two part public document, available to view at council offices and main libraries, some councils have them online, some don't but if the Map is there - so should the statement.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

loveka

Post by loveka » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:39 pm

I am assuming simply because the vendor is currently suing the council and has a solicitor who has looked at it in detail.

This particular council you have to go and look at the statement in person.

jdfi
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by jdfi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:12 pm

loveka wrote:I am assuming simply because the vendor is currently suing the council and has a solicitor who has looked at it in detail.

This particular council you have to go and look at the statement in person.
Lets go and report back to this forum.