New member and this must be a first for this forum

Janieb

Re: New member and this must be a first for this forum

Post by Janieb »

arborlad wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:28 am How many semi-detached farmhouses do you know of?

They exist, especially if they are or have been County Council starter farms.
"I prefer rogues to imbeciles, because they sometimes take a rest" Alexandre Dumas (fils)
pilman

Post by pilman »

How many semi-detached farmhouses do you know of?
In Ickleford in Hertfordshire there are two pairs of houses in Bedford Road with farmland behind them, so presumably they are semi-detached farmhouses.

Only mentioning this because Arborlad lives in Hertfordshire, so he can take a drive to Ickleford to see for himself. :D
peacemaker

Post by peacemaker »

Hello All,
Regarding the written undertaking that we have requested from the other side for closure, I've just been advised that my neighbour's solicitor is no longer seeking instructions and my solicitor is now offering to send a letter requesting the written undertaking to my neighbour but is actually recommending to simply close the file.
Personally I know my neighbour will ignore the request but not having something in writing confirming the dispute is closed is necessary should I need to prove this if we wish to sell our property in the future as this would need to be evidenced. Obviously I have no leveridge other in the form of threatening court action (not that I am vexatious in nature) and I get that this is not a ROW issue but any advice on this particular matter would be appreciated.
Many thanks as always.
SwitchRich

Post by SwitchRich »

Congrats to you and really pleased your neighbour has seen sense and taken down that fence. Also appreciate that you have updated the forum too.
I can see your point about wanting the signed letter from your neighbour to clarify your position but the only "physical" evidence that any dispute has existed was the fence which is now removed.
So perhaps you leave it as that in the knowledge that if they tried any more funny business you could ramp up things very quickly. Nothing has ever gone to court so in essence it was an argument that got resolved by the removal of the fence thus ending any dispute that you would need to notify any buyer. (I will let the forum correct this logic)
You could ask your solicitor to write one final letter stating your acknowledgment of their action to remove the fence confirming the end of matters from your side and also confirming again the rights you have over your land. That way they would need to respond back if they disagreed with anything.