Vehicular ROW dispute - claim of false deeds!

Bellatrix LeStrange
Number of Posts per Page: 10

Re: Vehicular ROW dispute - claim of false deeds!

Post by Bellatrix LeStrange » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:55 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:55 pm
Hi Bellatrix LeStrange,

He has offered the equivalent of 0.6% of the value of my property, when I bought it 2 years ago...

for what in return?

kind regards, Mac
In return for extinguishing the vehicular part of the right of way through his property Mac.

I'd be left with a pedestrian pathway only, probably the width of the gate, as this is what he insisted I only had anyway.

The amount offered does not even cover the legal costs I haver incurred to date, a fair proportion of which were based on the falsified deed plan originating with my neighbour.

Bellatrix LeStrange

Post by Bellatrix LeStrange » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:05 pm

I have done a little research on how to calculate the value of a ROW. Obviously though, at the end of the day it'll be worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, or alternatively what I'm willing to accept for it.

1. Value the entire property as if it were not burdened by the ROW and arrive at a cost per square m = A
2. Value the entire property as if it were burdened by the ROW and arrive at a cost per square m = B
3. Subtract B from A to leave a cost per square m for the ROW = C
4. Measure area of ROW and multiply by C to arrive at the approx. value of the ROW.

This gives a base point only as all ROWs will be different and the overall impact on the properties will differ. Anyone who has viewed the plans I uploaded will know that my ROW covers the entirety of no.4s outside space so therefore has a significant impact on the property. In fact going by the estate agents literature for no.4 the ROW covers 55% of no.4s land...it's bigger than the internal square footage.

Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by Collaborate » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:28 pm

I'm not sure where you got that from but it sounds completely wrong. Give your ROW away if you want to go ahead with that calculation.

You seem to say that you will look at the benefit of the increase in value of neighbour's property and work out what area of the land is taken up by the ROW and take that fraction of any increase.

Firstly, how do you value the land with and without the ROW? (you ask a surveyor).
Secondly, why not just ask the surveyor to negotiate for you?
Thirdly, why on earth would you want to just take a fraction of the increase in value of next door?
Fourthly, why on earth are you not looking at how much value your property would lose?

You are out of your depth. You need to insist on your legal rights being respected otherwise you should take the neighbour to court.

Bellatrix LeStrange

Post by Bellatrix LeStrange » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:28 pm
I'm not sure where you got that from but it sounds completely wrong. Give your ROW away if you want to go ahead with that calculation.

You seem to say that you will look at the benefit of the increase in value of neighbour's property and work out what area of the land is taken up by the ROW and take that fraction of any increase.

Firstly, how do you value the land with and without the ROW? (you ask a surveyor).
Secondly, why not just ask the surveyor to negotiate for you?
Thirdly, why on earth would you want to just take a fraction of the increase in value of next door?
Fourthly, why on earth are you not looking at how much value your property would lose?

You are out of your depth. You need to insist on your legal rights being respected otherwise you should take the neighbour to court.
Oh look who's popped by again just for more rudeness. Yet again you add nothing of value just a load of wrong assumptions.

1. I found it online on a legal firms site. Please explain the right way to do it, if this sounds wrong to you. If you don't actually know the right way then don't comment.
2. I am not giving away my ROW.
3. You can value a property a number of ways, I have taken an educated guess on what his property is worth simply to give myself an idea of the value of the ROW. I'm not claiming expert level calculations, you need to calm down a little bit.
4. And yes, I am already aware that it would be helpful to speak to a surveyor and even to let them negotiate for me, which is why I have an appointment with one. Again you add nothing of value.
5. I have no intention of only taking a fraction of the increase in the value of next door. Where do you get this nonsense? Please don't opine on things you know nothing about.
6. I have looked at how much value my property would lose. I know you think I'm a stupid doormat, but I can assure you I most definitely am not.
7. Whether I am out of my depth or not is none of your business. I am insisting on my legal rights or I will take my neighbour to court.

Now sod off, you bring nothing but negativity to this thread.

Collaborate

Post by Collaborate » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Here I am again. Not sodding off.

It's part 4 of your masterplan that I think needs to go back to the drawing board.

You say measure the area of the ROW and multiply it by the difference in values to arrive at the value of the ROW.

What does the area of the ROW have to do with it? What unit of measurement do you use? Square inches and you'll be a millionaire.

It only makes sense if you propose to see what fraction of the overall area of plot of your neighbour's property is burdened by the ROW and then apply that fraction to amount C.

If that's not what you meant then there is no logic in your reasoning, so it's a good job you're asking for advice from a surveyor. Makes me wonder why you're still coming up with your own hair-brained ideas and posting them on here.

Bellatrix LeStrange

Post by Bellatrix LeStrange » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 pm
Here I am again. Not sodding off.

It's part 4 of your masterplan that I think needs to go back to the drawing board.

You say measure the area of the ROW and multiply it by the difference in values to arrive at the value of the ROW.

What does the area of the ROW have to do with it? What unit of measurement do you use? Square inches and you'll be a millionaire.

It only makes sense if you propose to see what fraction of the overall area of plot of your neighbour's property is burdened by the ROW and then apply that fraction to amount C.

If that's not what you meant then there is no logic in your reasoning, so it's a good job you're asking for advice from a surveyor. Makes me wonder why you're still coming up with your own hair-brained ideas and posting them on here.
Look, if you are going to insist on hanging around like a bad smell, then I suggest you go back and re-read my earlier post because you don't seem to have read it correctly the first time.

I clearly stay that the unit of measurement for the ROW is square metres, not millimetres. Or were you trying to be funny?
I then go on to I clearly state what percentage of my neighbours plot is burdened by the ROW.

Please explain more clearly if you feel I have still got it wrong. Actually scrap that, don't bother, I have no further interest in what you have to say, although I have no doubt your ego will be unable to resist continuing to post further rudeness.

If it's all so harebrained, it makes me wonder why you are bothering to comment at all...someone as knowledgeable and professional as yourself...

Collaborate

Post by Collaborate » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:19 pm

So, let's assume the neighbour's land increases in value by £20k if there is no ROW. This is a figure plucked out of thin air by the way.

The plot of land is 100m2. The ROW footprint is 20m2.

From what you're saying you'd be asking for £4,000 from your neighbour.

Is that what you're saying? That you'd let your neighbour take the majority of the increase in value of his property, and pay no regard to the loss in value of your own?

Bellatrix LeStrange

Post by Bellatrix LeStrange » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:19 pm
So, let's assume the neighbour's land increases in value by £20k if there is no ROW. This is a figure plucked out of thin air by the way.

The plot of land is 100m2. The ROW footprint is 20m2.

From what you're saying you'd be asking for £4,000 from your neighbour.

Is that what you're saying? That you'd let your neighbour take the majority of the increase in value of his property, and pay no regard to the loss in value of your own?
NO! That is NOT what I am saying. For christ's sake pay attention.

Things I have considered -
1. The increase in value of my neighbours property without the VROW through it.
2. The decrease in value of my neighbours property with the VROW through it.
3. The increase in value to my property with the use of the VROW.
4. The decrease in value to my property without the use of the VROW which would also mean I potentially cannot use my off street parking.
5. The value of my off street parking as a % of the value of my property and what that would be worth say 10 years in the future. And before you ask, property doubles in value (on average) every 9/10 years.
6. The value of my neighbours off street parking on the same basis as above, which he has no right to based on my deeds.
7.The cost of installing a turning circle to enable use of my off street parking which might off set some of the value of the loss of off street parking all together.
8. The existence of the falsified deed pan which originates with my neighbour
9. Compensation for 2 years of bullshit

Is there anything else you think I should consider before I decide on what I might be prepared to accept in order to extinguish my right of way?

At the end of the day it has to make financial sense for me to do it or it's not going to happen. And you need to pipe down or offer some useable advice - without being rude if you can manage it.

Bellatrix LeStrange

Post by Bellatrix LeStrange » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:59 pm

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi Bellatrix LeStrange,

I found it online on a legal firms site

would you post a link please - for the benefit of the forum.

kind regards, Mac

Bellatrix LeStrange

Post by Bellatrix LeStrange » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:50 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:32 pm
Hi Bellatrix LeStrange,

kind regards, Mac
Hello Mac.

Of course. Here you go. I got it slightly wrong, in that it is not on a law firm website, but the author of the article has an LLM. Her step 3 confused me a little so I may well have summed it up incorrectly.

https://pocketsense.com/appraise-value- ... 17298.html

Collaborate

Post by Collaborate » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Bellatrix LeStrange wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:50 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Hi Bellatrix LeStrange,

kind regards, Mac
Hello Mac.

Of course. Here you go. I got it slightly wrong, in that it is not on a law firm website, but the author of the article has an LLM. Her step 3 confused me a little so I may well have summed it up incorrectly.

Step 3 is very poorly phrased. As was your previous post of 1.05pm. Jayne Thompson can't properly explain what she means, and you haven't a clue.

Bellatrix LeStrange

Post by Bellatrix LeStrange » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:06 am

Collaborate wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:32 pm
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:50 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Hi Bellatrix LeStrange,

kind regards, Mac
Hello Mac.

Step 3 is very poorly phrased. As was your previous post of 1.05pm. Jayne Thompson can't properly explain what she means, and you haven't a clue.
And you have some serious personality issues Collaborate - inferiority complex coupled with an enormous ego, insecure, the need to be right, the need to have the last word, a desire to ridicule and/or humiliate in order to make one feel better about themselves....I'd say you are a raging narcissist. You really do think very highly of yourself don't you? Take your comment above as the latest example. You literally can not help yourself can you? Despite being asked not to comment further...Absolutely nothing of any interest or value to bring to the conversation - just wanktard comments. You seem to have a developed a personal fixation with me, and a desire to prove me wrong...is that all you are here for? To criticise and ridicule? You sad f**k, I feel sorry for you. I suggest you make an appointment to see a therapist if you are not doing so already.

Collaborate

Post by Collaborate » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 am

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:06 am
Despite being asked not to comment further...
This is a public forum. You seem to have deluded yourself in to thinking you're a moderator. And an abusive one at that.

Bellatrix LeStrange

Post by Bellatrix LeStrange » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:31 am

Collaborate wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 am
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:06 am
Despite being asked not to comment further...
This is a public forum. You seem to have deluded yourself in to thinking you're a moderator. And an abusive one at that.
Yes, that's right. It is a public forum where people like myself come with problems for help and advice. Not to be patronised and spoken to like an idiot. I am not the deluded one in this conversation. You are also continuing to display your narcissistic tendencies by now positioning yourself as the "victim" of abuse. Pathetic. Good day.