Right of uphold

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Sadgardener2

Right of uphold

Post by Sadgardener2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:48 pm

After all the dreadful problems we have had with our nfh..... I am just curiou.... our cellar is actually underneath their house.

Do they have right of uphold? Or summat?

Quite like to blow them up really, but that would be unneighbourly.

Mattylad
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by Mattylad » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:43 am

Hmm, is it time for you to take up keeping dead cats & kippers down there? :D
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.

Mattylad
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by Mattylad » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:23 pm

Spammers often visit this site and post some completely irrelevant rubbish.
We have to ignore them because there is no option, admin seem to think that they are harmless.
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.

victor508

Post by victor508 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Angelise wrote:What you continually highlight as spam is nothing more than someone leaving a tidy advertising link in their signature, which as forum members they/we are allowed to do.
Angelise,
I can understand you saying they are allowed to leave a "tidy" advertising link in their signature , but isn't the other part of the deal to give the OP some help with his problem not issue the same garbage every time , this type of unwanted intrusion is detremental to this site.
If they spoke about the OP's problem and then their advertising no problem , but as we all know the two posts that were above but have now been zapped were not written by someone entering the site to give their knowledge .
If the two posts were harmless advertising why were they zapped.

I think you are being hard on Mattylad and Despair for highlighting this problem , i can guarantee you there are many others on the site that feel the same , who either say nothing or go elswhere.

You locked mattylad's post because it might encourage more s*pam , if it is all kept on Mattylad's post and the other postings are clear of it , i would call that a result.

I hope you don't lock this one,

Victor.

despair

Post by despair » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:49 pm

signatures neat or otherwise are advertiising and since they do not contribut for the cost of providing this website they should be banned

Angelisle

Post by Angelisle » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Mattylad wrote:Spammers often visit this site and post some completely irrelevant rubbish.
We have to ignore them because there is no option, admin seem to think that they are harmless.
Good grief :roll:
Last edited by Angelisle on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angelisle

Post by Angelisle » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Victor 508
Actually I deleted them because they had no relevance to the original post. Perhaps I should delete Mattylads post, as I fail to see what that has to do with the original post too!

Treeman

Post by Treeman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:01 pm

I have to say it’s a bit of a contradiction that the moderators couldn’t be bothered deleting un contributory advertising posts but were prepared to lock a topic asking the admin to deal with said problem.

Anyone making useful contributions could expect to benefit from a link but the gobbledygook postings are just there to achieve the link. Some search engines use (partially) links to rank a site.

Most of these posts are made by spam “bots”, they wont be upset if you delete them

Treeman

Post by Treeman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Angelisle wrote:Victor 508
Actually I deleted them because they had no relevance to the original post. Perhaps I should delete Mattylads post, as I fail to see what that has to do with the original post too!
You might want to delete mine as well then, I would have posted it somewhere more appropriate but YOU locked that thread didn’t you?

Angelisle

Post by Angelisle » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Dear All,

Admin have been informed and over the last few days, they have dealt with my requests to delete many of the links that have been left by serious spammers.

I have no control over the workings of this forum and quiet frankly have better things to do with my time. What I do object to is the lack of patience by some forum members before they shout fire.

As somebody once stated "Do not feed the trolls"

Treeman

Post by Treeman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Angelisle wrote:Dear All,

Admin have been informed and over the last few days, they have dealt with my requests to delete many of the links that have been left by serious spammers.

I have no control over the workings of this forum and quiet frankly have better things to do with my time. What I do object to is the lack of patience by some forum members before they shout fire.

Patience……..That’s a bit of an insult

It’s been going on for weeeeeeeks

NB Trolls and Spammers are completely different things

victor508

Post by victor508 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:56 pm

One good thing has come out of this fiasco, something i never thought i would read , Treeman and Despair agreeing about something .

Could this be the way forward. :wink:

Victor.

Angelisle

Post by Angelisle » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Treeman wrote:
Angelisle wrote:Dear All,

Patience……..That’s a bit of an insult

It’s been going on for weeeeeeeks

NB Trolls and Spammers are completely different things
It has NOT 'been going on for weeeeeeeks' in General Topics.

I pop in daily and if any bad links are detected they are removed asap.

As for the difference between trolls and spammers, I rest my case...

I dont see why a witch hunt has to begin after almost every forum post. :?

Angelisle

Post by Angelisle » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:10 pm

@ Sadgardener2

Perhaps you would like to repost your query under a fresh thread?

Treeman

Post by Treeman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:30 pm

I didn’t realise we were restricting this to general topics. It might surprise you to learn that some of us are interested in the site as a whole rather than your little remit.

Quite frankly I find your “better things to do” comments quite insulting. If you have better things to do perhaps a new moderator could be added, someone with enough time. (not me BTW)

Sadgardener, I am sorry your thread has become hijacked, there was a perfect place to discuss these issues but SOMEONE LOCKED THE THREAD.