Yet Again .... Footballs

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

gettingangry

Yet Again .... Footballs

Post by gettingangry » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:42 am

Hello anyone ...... I am having a huge problem that no doubt has been talked about on here already, BUT!!! please can anyone help me. Last year on one occasion I had 13 ... yes 13 !! footballs from our nextdoor neighbours son. I spoke with him, the father and the mother, last year I kept each ball that came over for one month then returned back to him as I was sick and tired for having to constantly get out into my back garden before my dog to throw them back. This year it has started again, but this time at the moment I have a broken wrist and cannot get into the garden as quick nor get them from my dog who has already punctured one of them, so I threw it back then within ten minutes or so it was there again... so threw it back well this has gone on for a day or so until yesterday I caught the son deliberatley putting the ball over the fence, hence by now I am fumming I went out and shouted that this had to stop and if it came over again I'd insert it somewhere and he wouldnt be able to walk for a week (that was only to shock the little sod by the way every one)... So what is one to do, we live on an estate I am not opposed to kids playing in the garden there must be a fair few living around here but WHY WHY should we have to put up with the constent shouting and the kicking of the dam ball against our fence and also the thing coming into our property. What can we do .............. PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME

Mojisola

Re: Yet Again .... Footballs

Post by Mojisola » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:46 am

gettingangry wrote: but this time at the moment I have a broken wrist and cannot get into the garden as quick nor get them from my dog who has already punctured one of them, so I threw it back then within ten minutes or so it was there again... so threw it back well this has gone on for a day or so until yesterday I caught the son deliberatley putting the ball over the fence
I would let him put them over the fence, leave your dog to puncture them and return them in bulk when it suits you.

It sounds like the son is only doing it because he knows it winds you up. Stop his fun by not playing his game.

despair

Post by despair » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:51 am

ditto and warn his parents in writing that any damage he causes by kicking balls against your fence becaomes their financial responsibility

gettingangry

Post by gettingangry » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:53 am

Thank you ... but is it against the law if the dog does chews them ?

gettingangry

Post by gettingangry » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:56 am

despair wrote:ditto and warn his parents in writing that any damage he causes by kicking balls against your fence becaomes their financial responsibility

his father is a prison warden and mother works in a school ...... what do they say ignorance breeds ignorance ... I am sick to the back teeth with this child

despair

Post by despair » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:30 pm

they make the most lenient and stupid parents going sadly undisciplined kids are inclined to become the criminals of the future
yes i would expect them to know but majority of people do not see a neighboiurs fence as anything other than theirs to kick balls at

suggest you will kick balls at their cars for an analogy and see the reaction

Mojisola

Post by Mojisola » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:27 pm

gettingangry wrote:Thank you ... but is it against the law if the dog does chews them ?
If he didn't put the balls in your garden, the dog wouldn't chew them.

andrew54

Post by andrew54 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:01 pm

If son parked a car in your garden you could employ a clamping company, and subject to certain signing regulations he would have to pay a fee to get his car back. I do wonder if you could do the same. You would have to put up a sign warning that by putting a ball on your land he was entering into a contract with you to agree to pay a fee of (say) £20 for return of his ball. Alternatively just lock up your garden and ignore both the son and his balls.

gettingangry

Post by gettingangry » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:49 pm

andrew54 wrote:If son parked a car in your garden you could employ a clamping company, and subject to certain signing regulations he would have to pay a fee to get his car back. I do wonder if you could do the same. You would have to put up a sign warning that by putting a ball on your land he was entering into a contract with you to agree to pay a fee of (say) £20 for return of his ball. Alternatively just lock up your garden and ignore both the son and his balls.

now what a good idea ..... after seeing every ones comments I do feel alot better .... I will not be intimidated by a child ... thanks for that

despair

Post by despair » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:02 pm

out of interest roughly how old is this mini "david beckham "

appledore

Post by appledore » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Unfortunately putting the ball over the fence and winding you up has become more fun than actually playing football. Don't be too keen to give him his ball back. If your dog punctures the ball, tough, it shouldn't be in your garden in the first place. As suggested write to his parents and make it clear that you expect them to pay for any damage caused.

We had the same problem, we refused to give the balls back. It did the trick. Can the little horror get into your garden to retrieve the balls without asking? It sounds like his parents think he can do no wrong. Good luck.
Keep calm and carry on.

gettingangry

Post by gettingangry » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:29 pm

despair wrote:out of interest roughly how old is this mini "david beckham "

He is 10yrs ... what gets me is that parent took him to training for Leeds Utd ... dont think he got through ... he knows fully well the difference between right and wrong ... last year caught him taking wood from the side of our house and putting into the garden of parents then denied to his mother he had put it there... sun shines out of his backside.... mind you yesterday the mood I was in there could have been an eclipse of that sun.

despair

Post by despair » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:38 pm

ROFL................sun shines out of his backside !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to lock your gate and teach this toe rag ands his stupid parents a lesson in manners

if they protest tell them you will kick balls against their car and see how they like the effect

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:00 pm

What a typical piece of trash your neighbours are for allowing this, too many rubbish parents these days. The young lad will be in the cop shop before he turns a teen. Give the dog a nice new ball every day, say thank you very much for all the nice gifts. What idiots!

If it gets out of hand, report them to the police, damage is damage, regardless of age. These useless excuses for parents should get fined for every last thing their little angels do. I dare say money comes first, so a good deterrent would be to take from their pockets.

I like the idea of smashing the ball against their car, I bet they would cry "you're not a kid...you can't do that!" Huh! T**ts!

despair

Post by despair » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Regretably kids like this are the product of a system that virtually forces both parents out to work

The days of Mum being able to stay home and bring up law abiding kids and decent adults have gone and the end result is lawless teenagers and at worse the kind of behaviour in the riots last year

The Mums who did stay home in the 60s and 70s are now being heavily penalised by a massively reduced state pension and interest on savings thats pathetic
but the politicians fail to see that forcing pensioners to continue working is denying the young jobs and meanwhile creating a new generation of yobs