Advice required on neighbours trespassing on land

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

cloudyeyes

Re: Advice required on neighbours trespassing on land

Post by cloudyeyes » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:25 am

The story's getting a bit flaky now - which is it?
Guest wrote:there is currently no tenant on the ground. Someone did rent it out for a short while at harvest time.......
someone else rented it this time for harvesting silage.
I personally don't think that what they're doing is fair on the people who are renting the field.
So, another full circle. You still have only two options, a magical fairy-dust solution hasn't presented itself in the last x pages. Ignore it and get a life or tell the landowners. if it's too soon since your partner spoke to them then wait a few weeks and then tell the landowners. If you need evidence to present to the landowners then film/take photos.

And why should your neighbours be afraid of you - that's a very strange attitude?

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:27 am

Guest wrote:The right thing to do is to get the landowners to sort it out but if we do that straight away after my partner confronting them the other day, the neighbours will know it's us that's told them. .
From all you've said it seems fairly obvious you've got some flak heading your way, to deflect some of that flak, I would suggest a letter from the sister:

'On a recent visit to my land at - identify it - it is clear from the presence of the gate that you are accessing my land without authority - this use must cease forthwith.

My agent in this matter is - name your partner - who is authorised to take whatever steps necessary to prevent your unauthorised use of my land.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

span

Post by span » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Well then. We've heard the issues, had the circumstances explained, understood the situation on the ground, given the best advice we could - the only thing now is for you to tell us what you're going to do next.

Please, no more rehash of stuff already gone over. No repeating of facts or backgrounds.

What do you intend to do next?

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:31 pm

arborlad - good advice. We've got to either tell his sisters or continue letting these neighbours take advantage of the land. Perhaps we can ask the sisters or sister's husband to visit the land more often. I've noticed when he's around, the neighbours stay off the land for a day or two and then go back on to it again when the coast is clear.

silverbirch89

Post by silverbirch89 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 pm

This thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any update, Guest?

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:06 pm

silverbirch89 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 pm
This thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any update, Guest?

The OP doesn't appear to have visited the site for a while - maybe your post will prompt an update.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people