Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Post Reply
arborlad
Posts: 8305
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:16 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:06 pm
arborlad wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:34 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:27 pm



We took the fence down and built a wall. You assumed otherwise - and you were wrong to do so.



Which is it - you took the fence down or you made the neighbour take it down?
We took down the part that we could prove was on our land. Our neighbour then took down the remaining stub, which I also believe was on our land but not so easy to prove. The wall it was replaced with has been in situ (in the correct place) for some years now, and defines the limit of our land. Hence there is no possibility of your assumption being correct. We could not drive over our neighbour's land even if we wanted to. It's hard work getting you to understand facts, arborlad.



viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7253
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Rosenberg
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:23 pm

arborlad wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:16 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:06 pm
arborlad wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:34 pm





Which is it - you took the fence down or you made the neighbour take it down?
We took down the part that we could prove was on our land. Our neighbour then took down the remaining stub, which I also believe was on our land but not so easy to prove. The wall it was replaced with has been in situ (in the correct place) for some years now, and defines the limit of our land. Hence there is no possibility of your assumption being correct. We could not drive over our neighbour's land even if we wanted to. It's hard work getting you to understand facts, arborlad.



viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7253
That's right, all the facts are there for you to read.

What point do you think you are making now?

If you mean the wall takes up space on our drive, it does, but since I retired we have one fewer vehicle to accommodate.
Last edited by Rosenberg on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosenberg
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:25 pm

I told you I didn't intend to contribute further to the drainage thread arborlad, but as you have continued to post your accusations there, I'll answer them here instead (sorry if that offends your sense of order).
arborlad wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:27 am
You must deal with your own surface water within your own demise - that is well established law. You are not doing that - you are shedding it onto land you do not own.........
You mean "demesne", not "demise". Oh dear, I do keep having to correct you, don't I.

arborlad wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:27 am
Whenever you are in the wrong and those wrongs are pointed out to you, your fall-back position is to state that you have been deliberately misunderstood - no - you haven't!!
Notwithstanding your illiteracy, I do owe you an apology, arborlad: I shouldn't have suggested that your misunderstanding was deliberate. It is becoming increasingly clear that it was the result of your limited mental capacity.

I have told you all the relevant facts (in this thread and in the "drainage" thread) but you simply ignore them in order to somehow "win" an argument of your own making. Let me make it clear for anybody who might be interested in the law:

1. If surface water were to flow naturally from my land, unobstructed by any boundary feature, that would be legal.

2. If all of my surface water were to be channelled through a single pipe onto neighbouring land, that would doubtless be problematic and illegal.


There is actually a continuum of scenarios between cases 1 and 2. In your world, arborlad, simply planting a tree or shrub on the boundary would disturb the water flow sufficiently to result in illegal drainage. Erecting a fence, likewise. In reality, the bar isn't set that low. Whether drainage is legal or illegal depends on the degree to which it differs from natural. In my case, it differs very little; the water is distributed along the whole length of the two affected boundaries, like it would be if there were just a row of fence posts there. The resulting water flow is not even noticeable - even in heavy rain. It is certainly not causing a problem to the current landowner. But you would rather rely on the unfounded decade-old complaints of two Welsh, anti-English, sheep-farmers with an axe to grind. Why would that be I wonder? Surely you don't have an axe to grind, do you arborlad?


And there you go with two exclamation marks again. I've already pointed out that failing to you once. If you were this resistant to education at school, it's no wonder you are now having trouble comprehending the details of my garden's drainage.

alyson
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:43 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 10
Number of topics per page: 10
Location: Wales

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by alyson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Please can you stop with the bitching?

You’ve had your answers, accept them or not but please put us out of your misery.

Nobody on this forum is out to get you, most of us don’t give a flying duck, if you don’t like the answers to your questions just go away, please, just go away.

Rosenberg
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:42 pm

alyson wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:36 pm
Please can you stop with the bitching?

You’ve had your answers, accept them or not but please put us out of your misery.

Nobody on this forum is out to get you, most of us don’t give a flying duck, if you don’t like the answers to your questions just go away, please, just go away.
You heard the lady, arborlad.

alyson
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:43 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 10
Number of topics per page: 10
Location: Wales

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by alyson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:46 pm

You heard the lady, Rosenberg

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 am

It is a pleasure to read the posts from Rosenberg since they are all written with a command of the English language. May I suggest some of the problems he is experiencing with one particular forum contributor is due to the latter's probable ability to read written English but inability to comprehend the written English language. This clear lack of comprehension leads to inaccurate assumptions.

Collaborate
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Collaborate » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:10 pm

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 am
It is a pleasure to read the posts from Rosenberg since they are all written with a command of the English language. May I suggest some of the problems he is experiencing with one particular forum contributor is due to the latter's probable ability to read written English but inability to comprehend the written English language. This clear lack of comprehension leads to inaccurate assumptions.
What? You think it's a pleasure to read OP's appallingly rude comments about posters who were initially trying to help?

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:09 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:10 pm
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 am
It is a pleasure to read the posts from Rosenberg since they are all written with a command of the English language. May I suggest some of the problems he is experiencing with one particular forum contributor is due to the latter's probable ability to read written English but inability to comprehend the written English language. This clear lack of comprehension leads to inaccurate assumptions.
What? You think it's a pleasure to read OP's appallingly rude comments about posters who were initially trying to help?

I clearly stated the reason why it was a pleasure for me to read Rosenberg's posts; this was due to his correct use of the English language, nothing else. (I have only ever noticed one slight punctuation error.) Naturally my observation that a particular contributor did not always comprehend the written word and that this led to assumptions that were erroneous was not directed at you. It is good that Posters are trying to help but we should try not to become judgemental with our helpfulness.

Collaborate
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Collaborate » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:44 pm

Given how appallingly rude OP quickly became in this thread your choosing to comment on his use of English and your statement that you thought his posts a pleasure to read is beyond comprehension.

Presumably if Mein Kampf was well written you'd have found that a pleasure to read too.

Clifford Pope
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Clifford Pope » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:29 am

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:09 pm


I clearly stated the reason why it was a pleasure for me to read Rosenberg's posts; this was due to his correct use of the English language, nothing else.

I'm not so sure about that. For example, his sentence " Do you feel like you are being manipulated at all; like your thoughts aren't entirely your own?" has an un-English ring to it. Perhaps he is American, or watches a lot of American films - in this country I think we would say "as if" rather than "like".

arborlad
Posts: 8305
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:15 am

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 am
It is a pleasure to read the posts from Rosenberg since they are all written with a command of the English language. May I suggest some of the problems he is experiencing with one particular forum contributor is due to the latter's probable ability to read written English but inability to comprehend the written English language. This clear lack of comprehension leads to inaccurate assumptions.



There's a dwindling number of people in the Rosenberg Appreciation Society - you are one, Rosenberg another and the third selfimploded and she is no more!!!

.....................but that's not the purpose of your post - is it??
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:51 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:44 pm
Given how appallingly rude OP quickly became in this thread your choosing to comment on his use of English and your statement that you thought his posts a pleasure to read is beyond comprehension.

Presumably if Mein Kampf was well written you'd have found that a pleasure to read too.
You do presume too much and your presumption is incorrect. If it helps your comprehension, I would prefer not to have Rosenberg as my neighbour but I do admire well written English.
Last edited by Morgan Sweet on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Clifford Pope wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:29 am
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:09 pm


I clearly stated the reason why it was a pleasure for me to read Rosenberg's posts; this was due to his correct use of the English language, nothing else.

I'm not so sure about that. For example, his sentence " Do you feel like you are being manipulated at all; like your thoughts aren't entirely your own?" has an un-English ring to it. Perhaps he is American, or watches a lot of American films - in this country I think we would say "as if" rather than "like".
That is a fair comment.

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:56 pm

arborlad wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:15 am
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 am
It is a pleasure to read the posts from Rosenberg since they are all written with a command of the English language. May I suggest some of the problems he is experiencing with one particular forum contributor is due to the latter's probable ability to read written English but inability to comprehend the written English language. This clear lack of comprehension leads to inaccurate assumptions.



There's a dwindling number of people in the Rosenberg Appreciation Society - you are one, Rosenberg another and the third selfimploded and she is no more!!!

.....................but that's not the purpose of your post - is it??
Your response confirms my point.

Post Reply