Wayleave & OpenReach

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

ukmicky
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Wayleave & OpenReach

Post by ukmicky » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:59 am

Yes i do work in the field and have worked for more than one statutory provider. I cant really comment too much on your case as every case is different . However these days a lot of things do come down to money especially as most statutory providers have to answer to shareholders these days.

However personally I will almost always charge for the movement of equipment when it can be moved where the move is at the request of the customer and I believe I can show I have a good case as to why I have a legal right to retain it at its current location.

if I legally do not have to move anything I will also not do so if my companies right to retain the equipment in its new position will be reduced from what we had previously ,unless the person requesting the move provides me with an extremely good reason .
Any information provided is not legal advice and you are advised to gain a professional opinion

SeasonsHerts

Re: Wayleave & OpenReach

Post by SeasonsHerts » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:06 pm

ukmicky wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:59 am
Yes i do work in the field and have worked for more than one statutory provider. I cant really comment too much on your case as every case is different . However these days a lot of things do come down to money especially as most statutory providers have to answer to shareholders these days.

However personally I will almost always charge for the movement of equipment when it can be moved where the move is at the request of the customer and I believe I can show I have a good case as to why I have a legal right to retain it at its current location.

if I legally do not have to move anything I will also not do so if my companies right to retain the equipment in its new position will be reduced from what we had previously ,unless the person requesting the move provides me with an extremely good reason .
Very clear thank you. We have had contact with OpenReach who have confirmed they are coming to do a full survey (at their own cost) as the previous guy who came to see us, noted the heath and safety issue of the pole leaning and wasn't happy that it was structurally sound for a member of their team to scale it.

Again thank you so much for your clear and precise helpful answer.