Can I charge electricity?

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

ukmicky
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Can I charge electricity?

Post by ukmicky » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Collaborate

I have been helping people on this website for around 10 years now and over that time I have learnt to be as accurate as possible with my advice and not to write absolute censored . I know probably more about the law than I should but I blame that on my nephew who lived with me whilst studying for his law degree and my current job as I work for a statutory provider and part of my responsibilities is to do with the setting up and management of easements ,wayleaves etc. Im not perfect and still do make the odd mistake with my with my advice but if I do it will be a minor error and I will if called out check what I’ve written and change it or agree that it was in error because the advice needs to be as accurate as possible even though those visiting this website should not rely on it and should always gain proper advice before they act.

You are a solicitor .

As a solicitor you will have access to a vast resource of books and databases that allow you to find transcripts of court judgements etc

As a solicitor you will also have received training on most aspects of land law. I know that because my nephew lived with me for 4 years whilst studying for his law degree in London and i read a lot of his study material.

Ok i totally understand if the branch of the law you moved onto was not to do with land law you will forget some of what you learnt. However as a solicitor you will have friends who are solicitors and will work along side other solicitors who you can simply ask the question and they will confirm what I’m saying is correct or proclaim it to be absolute censored .

I know what they will say if they know what they are talking about and I can garantee their answer will not be censored by this websites profanity filter
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion

Collaborate

Post by Collaborate » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:12 am

It's up to you if you don't want to argue your point or respond to my counter argument constructively.

As you say, I've received training on most aspects of the law, and I know how to read a judgment and plead a case. I know what judges look for when one party stands up in court and asserts the law. they want to see a statute backing up that assertion, or a case that says what the law is.

The case law you've referred to is a very short summary. I am preparing a case for a hearing in the first week back in the new year. I am referring to case law, and am sending the court the full copy of the judgment.

I can tell you now, that in court you won't get away with taking your Regis case and applying that to OP's situation. They mean different things.

ukmicky

Post by ukmicky » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Collaborate wrote:It's up to you if you don't want to argue your point or respond to my counter argument constructively.

As you say, I've received training on most aspects of the law, and I know how to read a judgment and plead a case. I know what judges look for when one party stands up in court and asserts the law. they want to see a statute backing up that assertion, or a case that says what the law is.

The case law you've referred to is a very short summary. I am preparing a case for a hearing in the first week back in the new year. I am referring to case law, and am sending the court the full copy of the judgment.

I can tell you now, that in court you won't get away with taking your Regis case and applying that to OP's situation. They mean different things.
That the difference I'm not in court so do not need to supply a full case summary to a solicitor who should have no problem gaining a copy of the judgement.

As its also a general principle of an easement that no positive burdens can be imposed on the servient tenement there should be no need for this discussion and I am shocked that someone who declaring himself to be a solicitor would need such a basic principle of law to be proved. It makes me wonder if really are a solicitor .
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion

Collaborate

Post by Collaborate » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:16 pm

ukmicky wrote:
Collaborate wrote:It's up to you if you don't want to argue your point or respond to my counter argument constructively.

That the difference I'm not in court so do not need to supply a full case summary to a solicitor who should have no problem gaining a copy of the judgement.

As its also a general principle of an easement that no positive burdens can be imposed on the servient tenement there should be no need for this discussion and I am shocked that someone who declaring himself to be a solicitor would need such a basic principle of law to be proved. It makes me wonder if really are a solicitor .
I couldn't give a shiny sh*t whether you believe me or not. I'm not here to prove your point.

Positive obligations work both ways. If you quote a rule that says the servient owner cannot be burdened, what makes you think a dominant one can be?

Uriah Heap

Post by Uriah Heap » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:41 am

Collaborate wrote: I couldn't give a shiny sh*t whether you believe me or not...
...m'lud.
Oh I do enjoy all this legalese.