Cease and Desist Letter

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Cease and Desist Letter

Postby BelindaB » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm getting ready for the spring, when my neighbour will most certainly start chopping back my shrubs/trees way over the boundary line as they have done this year. They have been shaping them like topiary over the boundary line. I tell them to leave things alone, but they can't seem to help themselves.

I've been looking for a template for a cease and desist letter. I assume I can send one myself, and don't have to pay a solicitor? The ones I can find seem to be about harassment ...
I want to tell them they must not cut back further than the boundary. Is that all I need to say (with the inclusion of 'cease and desist'), or should there be more legal jargon?
BelindaB

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Cease and Desist Letter

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi BelindaB,

why must they not cut back further than the boundary? there’s no point sending a letter if it doesn’t say...

kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Re: Cease and Desist Letter

Postby BelindaB » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:48 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:Hi BelindaB,

why must they not cut back further than the boundary? there’s no point sending a letter if it doesn’t say...

Thanks, Mac!
:)
BelindaB

Return to General Topics