Neighbour has attached stuff to my wall

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Neighbour has attached stuff to my wall

Postby copperman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi,

Happy New Year!

Just a general query regarding my neighbour attaching some foam pads to my wall. Don't know how long these pads have been there but only just noticed them today. They haven't been in place for more than two months. They have been attached with what appears to be upvc glue.

If I can refer to these images - https://imgur.com/a/fpBWO

The wall follows the line of the house but is inset by approx 2cm onto my property. So not sure if this qualifies as a party wall or not.

What possible actions can I take here?

And before anyone asks why I'm being so petty this particular neighbour has been a complete pain in the backside over the last few years, if it was anyone else I really wouldn't care.
copperman

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Neighbour has attached stuff to my wall

Postby Collaborate » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Check your deeds first to make sure that it isn't a party wall, but assuming it's your wall they aren't entitled to attach anything to it. I suggest that after checking your deeds you ask them politely to ensure its removal in, say, 7 days, and if they fail to do that you remove them yourself.
Collaborate

Postby copperman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Collaborate wrote:Check your deeds first to make sure that it isn't a party wall, but assuming it's your wall they aren't entitled to attach anything to it. I suggest that after checking your deeds you ask them politely to ensure its removal in, say, 7 days, and if they fail to do that you remove them yourself.

Nothing in my deeds (or my neighbours) regarding this being a party wall
copperman

Postby Collaborate » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:05 pm

Well then the wall that is the side of your house must belong entirely to you. Assuming the plan doesn't show a dog-leg, and the boundary is a straight line from outside edge of your wall down to the pavement it must be assumed to be your wall.
Collaborate

Return to General Topics