Where are you all

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Roblewis
Posts: 1798
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:41 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Where are you all

Post by Roblewis » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:39 pm

After the loss of service where is everybody

stufe35
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Re: Where are you all

Post by stufe35 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Wow its working again.... I suspect someones actually been working very hard behind the scenes.

gardenlaw
Site Admin
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:40 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50
Location: Halifax

Re: Where are you all

Post by gardenlaw » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi Everyone
Our sincere apologies for the loss of gardenlaw for such an extended period. It has been an extremely frustrating time trying to get us back online again. Basically the ISP inactivated gardenlaw with any prior notice. The Search table of the database had grown beyond the size accepted by the ISP. Once the website was inactivated there was nothing we could do! We were completely in the hands of the ISP. The forum has now been moved to a larger space so hopefully we will now be ok. Do let me know if there are any further problems such as lost threads.

Thank you to the Developers who got us back online again! I am most grateful.

Thank you for your patience and loyalty.

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all our members.

kind regards
gardenlaw
PS I have just tested the Private Messaging and find that it is not working. Please bear with us whilst a solution is found. many thanks! gl

jonahinoz
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Where are you all

Post by jonahinoz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:17 pm

After the loss of service where is everybody

Hi Rob,

I was here in the wee small hours, but nobody else was. ???

Not only that, Garden Laws message, timed at 5.05PM appeared on my screen at 5.04PM. It's just not good enough!

I AM JOKING. Golly gosh, I've missed you. I eventually persuaded SWMBO that our four knees really do need a bungalow, and while we are about it, we should move from Kettering to Milton Keynes, to be nearer our daughter ... we'll be her taxi service, she will do our laundry and shopping. I'm joking again. The A509 between Burton Latimer and Bletchley is a hard road.

Whatever, I've got a whole bunch of questions about building a garage, and amenity land, so stand by.

Belated Happy New Year.

John W.

SwitchRich
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:34 am

Re: Where are you all

Post by SwitchRich » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:37 am

Am stoked the site is back up! :) Was wondering why it suddenly went inactive.
Thanks to all those who worked hard to bring it back. Such a wonderful resource! :)

arborlad
Posts: 7727
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Where are you all

Post by arborlad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:03 pm

gardenlaw wrote:Hi Everyone
Our sincere apologies for the loss of gardenlaw for such an extended period. It has been an extremely frustrating time trying to get us back online again. Basically the ISP inactivated gardenlaw with any prior notice. The Search table of the database had grown beyond the size accepted by the ISP. Once the website was inactivated there was nothing we could do! We were completely in the hands of the ISP. The forum has now been moved to a larger space so hopefully we will now be ok. Do let me know if there are any further problems such as lost threads.

Thank you to the Developers who got us back online again! I am most grateful.

Thank you for your patience and loyalty.

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all our members.

kind regards
gardenlaw
PS I have just tested the Private Messaging and find that it is not working. Please bear with us whilst a solution is found. many thanks! gl


There doesn't appear to be any lost threads or posts, however, when I try to view my own posts, I get the following message:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'cl56-lamp.p.post_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by [1055]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

MacadamB53
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Where are you all

Post by MacadamB53 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:46 pm

arborlad wrote:
gardenlaw wrote:Hi Everyone
Our sincere apologies for the loss of gardenlaw for such an extended period. It has been an extremely frustrating time trying to get us back online again. Basically the ISP inactivated gardenlaw with any prior notice. The Search table of the database had grown beyond the size accepted by the ISP. Once the website was inactivated there was nothing we could do! We were completely in the hands of the ISP. The forum has now been moved to a larger space so hopefully we will now be ok. Do let me know if there are any further problems such as lost threads.

Thank you to the Developers who got us back online again! I am most grateful.

Thank you for your patience and loyalty.

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all our members.

kind regards
gardenlaw
PS I have just tested the Private Messaging and find that it is not working. Please bear with us whilst a solution is found. many thanks! gl
There doesn't appear to be any lost threads or posts, however, when I try to view my own posts, I get the following message:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'cl56-lamp.p.post_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by [1055]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
me too

gardenlaw
Site Admin
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:40 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50
Location: Halifax

Re: Where are you all

Post by gardenlaw » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:23 pm

So happy to see people gradually returning!

Thank you for letting me know about the error. I will pass it on.

gardenlaw

arborlad
Posts: 7727
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Where are you all

Post by arborlad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:38 pm

gardenlaw wrote:So happy to see people gradually returning!

Thank you for letting me know about the error. I will pass it on.

gardenlaw


I get the same message if i try to search someone elses posts.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

gardenlaw
Site Admin
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:40 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50
Location: Halifax

Re: Where are you all

Post by gardenlaw » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:57 pm

Me too!

jonahinoz
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Where are you all

Post by jonahinoz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:55 am

So happy to see people gradually returning!

Hi,

Is there anyway for the Administrators to send a automatic group PM to all members?

John W

gardenlaw
Site Admin
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:40 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50
Location: Halifax

Re: Where are you all

Post by gardenlaw » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 pm

PMs don't appear to be working. Searches appear to be up and running again.
Gl

arborlad
Posts: 7727
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Where are you all

Post by arborlad » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:48 pm

gardenlaw wrote:PMs don't appear to be working. Searches appear to be up and running again.
Gl


I'm still getting the same message.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

jdfi
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:39 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Where are you all

Post by jdfi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Clicking "view your posts" at the top of any page takes me to an error message.

Happy New Year to all, by the way.

gardenlaw
Site Admin
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:40 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50
Location: Halifax

Re: Where are you all

Post by gardenlaw » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:29 am

Thank you! Still trying to get these problems fixed! Thank you for your patience.

Post Reply