Hazardous sewer pipe conundrum responsibility?

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

mylor
Number of Posts per Page: 10
Number of topics per page: 5

Re: Hazardous sewer pipe conundrum responsibility?

Post by mylor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi MacadamB53 ,

Yes I think I mentioned about tye council, Iwent to Environmrntal health department who have a public protection team, USELESS here is what I wrote, I just c&p it here:-
---------------------------------------
It gets FAR WORSE.
I went to environmental dept. THEY ARE A DEPARTMENT FULL OF MONUMENTAL IDIOTS THICKER THAN THE NEIGHBOURS. They have done NOTHING they have caused MASSIVE STRESS to me, I see it all its a DISGRACE BEYOND COMPREHENSION, they did not listen to one WORD I said, disbelieved!!?! That Much that THEY ie water and council TREATED ME LIKE I WAS A BARKING RAVING FREAK WITH BIG ISSUES A NUT JOB AN ALARMIST AN ATTENTION SEEKER AND HAVE TREATED ME LIKE UTTER SH*T. This is so bad and LONG.

I'm thinking of blotting the names out and put ALL the emails on here THIS IS so RARE that they had no doubt in their Idiotic brains that I was a FREAK and they righteous gods! The looks of horror and disgust on ALL their faces when I insisted I knew What I was TALKING ABOUT what's the point though, they did not act they have a LEGAL DUTY to. They made a GRAVE Error and I am being dragged through A COMPLAINTS procedure NO HELP instead signed my DEATH certificate! What in gods name IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?
----------------------------------------------------
They failed as they believed they only deal with gases and fumes/pollution from business not domnestic. WRONG, even going though the complaints procedure with these first class morons, THEY GOT IT WRONG, emailed them and copied out the part they chose to IGNORE or FAILED to see TWICE, sayting is it any wonder they FAILED ME and now have caused a massive problem for me. I sent them H2S readings they just ignored it.

MY HOME AND LAND ARE CONTAMINATED WITH RAW FREASH AND STAGNENT HUMAN EFFLUENT but environmentaal health dept FEEL IT IS BETTER TO ignore this danger to my life?

I AM ONLY IN MY HOME NOW TONIGHT, because the neighbors are away. NO HYDROGEN SULFIDE IN MY HOME SO I CAN BREATH without fear and the hideous feeling in my nose and throat like it's coated in acetone. I have to be away from my home for at least two days before that burning chemical feeling subsides. THIS IS WRONG.
I HAD SO MUCH DEPLORABLE TREATMENT FROM THESE AWFUL IDIOTS THAT I do not trust one of them to EVER come to my home again. after what they have done and put me through, THEY ARE THE ONES WHO F**KED UP- SERIOUSLY BADLY, somebody should be sacked for gross misconduct, and not providing the duty of care that they MUST enforce. terrible. Just so unreal that they are ignoring my h2s READINGS! INSIDE my home fml. No apology, no effort to help me whatsoever. No equipment used by them just their highly uneducated noses, oh whoopy doo USELESS!!
The INSTANT neighbours get back. I WILL BE OFF it is not fit for humans,. IT IS A HEALTH HAZARD. I will be gathering a few things pc included and I will NOT BE ALLOWING MYSELF THE very real occurance OF IMY HEALTH BEING INJURED FURTHERMORE. Plus I CAN NOT take any more of the emotional, psychological torment as it is plain TORTURE, living inside a gas chamber. OMG I am not coping with this, it is getting so out of hand, sorry have to go heads so heavily weighed by this and I have tried everything and evberytime, NOTHING, am loosing the will to do anything, it is so UNFAIR. this last year has been a solid administration journey with COMPLETE AKWARD STUPID PEOPLE WHO SHOVE PAPER ABOUT WITHOUT A CLUE FOR A WAGE and cause huge impact on my fragile existence WHY I did nothing NOTHING. It's not even a pipe that has ANYTHING to do with me or my home. My life has been severley and still is being impacted in a very detrimental way to my already fragile existence. 20 yewars of hard slog buying my home for what? to be contaminatedf with toxic human foul sewage waste leeching into the fabric of my home, Haalf my life, ruined, everything that I have done here, it's a toxic HEALTH HAZARD.
???? WHY HAS MY SAFETY AND HEALTH been chucked aside??????

My mind is shattered. EVERY DAY ALL DAY I am on this what a thoroughly miserable uninteresting subject. I am FORCED in to and this IS MY LIFE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hugh Jaleak

Post by Hugh Jaleak » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:47 am

I'm afraid insulting the Professionals, and the very people you need to keep on side in all of this, is not going to help your case. Anyone involved with working in, on, or around sewers needs to know about the dangers of sewer gases, it is literally life and death knowledge, for those working underground.

H2S @1 PPM is not massive in the grand scheme of things, and is not considered dangerous for short term exposures, and at the moment, the issue remains of proving where it is coming from. The Human Body can produce small levels of H2S, (bad breath is one such example!), and thus the Human Body can tolerate low levels. If you are experiencing the symptoms of low level exposure, then visit your GP, assistance from a Health professional may help your case.

Mac, if the sewer serves next door, it should become SWW's asset once it passes the boundary onto the OP's property. Once it becomes shared it is SWW's responsibility regardless.

Has anyone done a smoke test on this section of sewer to ascertain its air tightness and to see if there is any possible leak into your premises? My thoughts remain though, the sewer could be leaking, but with minimal flow, any leakage isn't going to be massive in the grand scheme of things, and secondly, H2S is heavier than air, so would have to be present in some concentration to show inside the building. It is created by decomposing organic matter, (human waste being such a product), but if the pipes have shown to be clear on the CCTV, then there shouldn't be any significant accumulation of matter to create H2S.

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi Hugh,

if the sewer serves next door, it should become SWW's asset once it passes the boundary onto the OP's property. Once it becomes shared it is SWW's responsibility regardless.

I know, however...

unless I’ve misunderstood the postings, the OP alleges that H2S is leaking from a section of sewer found on his neighbour’s land that only serves his neighbour’s house - aka a private sewer.

Kind regards, Mac

Hugh Jaleak

Post by Hugh Jaleak » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:48 pm

If it's leaking on the neighbours land, then surely it would be getting into the neighbours property? I am afraid I am struggling to understand what exactly is going on now, so it is difficult to advise any further. I would be more concerned right now about the slight reading of CO detected, a leaking boiler could also be causing the symptoms described, has that been checked out?

Without actually being on site It is difficult to say too much more, but in fairness, if South West Water and Environmental Health are agreeing, then I fail to see what more can be done. There are literally thousands of leaking sewer pipes up and down the land, none of which should be causing damp or mould issues inside a properly built, and damp proofed property. Mould as pictured, is a classic sign of condensation, if it is rising damp, you cannot blame it on the sewer, it will happen regardless.

I suspect SWW have put a gas monitor in the external chamber to ascertain gas levels there. If they indicate a reasonable presence of gases then further investigation would be needed, but I suspect they haven't, as there isn't any. Drains should ventilate via the soil stacks on the property anyway, so unless that particular run is blocked, and has been for some time, allowing a build up of decomposing matter to create H2S, then the levels would be negligible.

My money is on something else.

jonahinoz

Post by jonahinoz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi,

I once sent some soil samples to Min of Ag and Fish (or whoever) to have it analysed for lime content ... i think it cost me £7 in the mid-1980.

Is there anyone to whom the PO could send a sample of the soil from under his house. The gases may be intermittant, but "solids" are unlikely to wander off. If it turns out that the sample contains "nasties", surely Environmental Health would be interested?

In Days of Yore, coal miners used to have pet canary to test for gas in the mine. I don't know if that would work in the POs situation (wrong gas?), and I don't want him to do this anyway, but it might be fun posting a dead canary to the LA boffins. Even more fun to post them a soil sample, FAO Mr Mayor.

John W

mylor

Post by mylor » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:24 pm

2.jpg
1.jpg
4.jpg

Hi,

Thank you for your comments, I hope theses diagrams attach as they explain far better than my words.

Since the snow here, I have now discovered that the grey waste water pipe from next door is leaking and wrecked my back garden :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mylor

Post by mylor » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:33 pm

manhole LEAK 20 inches from damage inside porch.jpg
It's my belief that the manhole, that is ten inches from my porch foundations on the corner, is exactly, where on the inside of my porch, so 20 inches from the manole, is where all the mold was showing inside my porch and only in that corner for an area appro 1.5 feet square.

I put a dehumidifier in that exact SPOT a year ago and it collects 8-12 litres when my home is empty or not summer or winter and is 20 inches from the manhole.

Pulling up the porch floor was like a massive arrow pointing to where the problem is accurately located. The rest of the porch floor is bone dry and mold free. Also, since the dehumidifier was moved to the porch, a year ago the damp and strange mold insdie the rest of my home has abated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

despair

Post by despair » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:23 pm

Surely if next doors sewer pipe is leaking its more than your water companies responsibility to act

jonahinoz

Post by jonahinoz » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:46 am

Hi Mylor,

Is there any chance that a previous occupier of your house had, at one time, a WC in the porch, that has since been removed, but the pipe not properly capped?

John W

mylor

Post by mylor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:01 am

gldiag2.png
gldiag.jpg

YELLOW is grey waste neighbours
DARK BLUE is Foul sewer waste neighbours
TURQUOISE is my sewer pipe in my garage
Neighbour has NONE of HIS sewer pipes on his land
looking underneath both properties you can see that my property has all neighbours waste pipes circling it.

Hi John, No my place 100% original, all the two beds have the porch BUT no others have been built with ALL nx drs sewer pipes circling their entire property. trying to upload a diagram

mylor

Post by mylor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:17 am

gl4.png
Diagrams explain things better I think
When it snowed recently it became evident that nx drs grey sewer is leaking, garden is slowly dying its a mud bath

gl3.jpg

mylor

Post by mylor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:23 am

glgardendiag.jpg
glmelt.jpg
glback5.jpg
Snow shows where nx drs grey waste pipe is leaking in my back garden. explains why its like a mud bath plants turning black and dying