Registered ? ? ? of a memorial

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

MothOfDoom
Number of Posts per Page: 10
Number of topics per page: 10

Registered ? ? ? of a memorial

Post by MothOfDoom » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:42 am

I have found a piece of paper at my local archive that refers to a part of land that is contained within the boundary of my property and i can't read all the wordage.

Can someone perhaps help me fill in the gaps and perhaps help me understand what it means.

It refers to a strip of land roughly 1.2mtrs wide and about 17mtrs long along the bottom of my garden.

Theres a stamp that reads:

East Riding Register of Deeds, Beverley
Registered by the _____________ of a MEMORIAL
16th January 1957
There are two more lines of words unreadable.

__ __________ of the MIDLAND and executor ___ __________ company with hereunto affixes in the presence of:- "Could this read __ __________ of the MIDLAND and executor and trustee company with hereunto affixes in the presence of:-"

Director Signature:

Counter signatue:

two other lines of unreadable words then signatures of the then owners of my property.

Anybody have any ideas what this is all about please?

I have found an online reference sugesting that the Midland trustee company could be the "Midland Bank Trust Company Ltd" which looks as though it's now a part of HSBC.

jdfi
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Registered ? ? ? of a memorial

Post by jdfi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Well done for navigating the deeds registry.

Is there anything at all on your modern day deeds (copy filed references?) that could assist?