Electricity cut off

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

falconho

Electricity cut off

Post by falconho » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:42 am

Hi been a while since visited this forum, I now need some advice that hopefully you can help with, my wife purchased some freehold stables yard and 2 acres in 2008 having rented it for 12 years prior to that , the yard has always had electricity, the supply of electric comes from a shed that belongs to a management company who meters and bills my wife quarterly, there are 9 share holders in the management company unfortunately one of them is a thug and a bully, he has a workshop next door to my wife and has been causing my wife no end of aggravation one of which is trying to claim land which is my wife's clearly shown on my wife's deeds and his, now his been proven to be wrong he has cut my wife's electricity supply, we now have no electric fencing no security cameras ( so he can go on and off our property when we ere not there his is the worst kind of thug and capable of anything my wife's so worried ) this is not the first time his has cut our electric off done it in 2012, some will say get your own separate supply but at the moment we could not afford this as it would have to come up from the road and cost a lot of money, we have had the electricity supply from the management company for over 10 years and prior 12 years from landlord who owned all the land belonging to management company as well the electricity has always come from a big shed (barn) where electricity supply metres are located Please help advise :x :x

Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Electricity cut off

Post by Collaborate » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:04 am

Your first step would be to examine the agreement you have with the management company for the supply of electricity. This sounds like a contractual matter, though there may be grounds to complain to the police under the Protection from Harassment Act (though you'd need to go in to much more detail for that).

falconho

Post by falconho » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:37 am

we never had an agreement with the management company until 2012 4years after we purchased' however the electric was cut off the first time 2012',we were then made to sign the agreement under duress otherwise we would not get our supply back.

Collaborate

Post by Collaborate » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:40 am

Then you need to read that agreement. How can anyone here know what it says, know what your rights are under it, and know what the supplier's responsibility is?

falconho

Post by falconho » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:27 am

Agreement for access to the companys water and electricity supplies. we are prepared to provide access to our supplies on the following basis, and subject to the conditions detailed below
water.payment will be made by monthly standing order ( currently £6.50 a month ) and will be due from 1st January 2012 Any amounts due prior to standing order must be paid. elecricity. payment will be made on a quartererly basis, following a reading from your check meter. immediately following this reading we will issue an invoice for payment within 30 days we will accept payment by cash/cheque or bacs. conditions. .We will provide access to these services solely for use by your stables
.We reserve the right to amend this agreement,at any time if the arrangements with
our suppliers change.
.We reserve the right to cease the above arrangements if you fail to fulfil the
requirements as detailed.
.We will not be held liable for interruption to these supplies in the event of
circumstances beyond our control.
.We will not be held liable for damage to equipment used in the
provision of the supplies, Whether accidental or deliberate, by you
or anyone else. Any costs incurred by way of making suitable
repairs must be paid.
This agreement will be reviewed every three months, with regard
to payments, in line with our suppliers

falconho

Post by falconho » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:12 pm

[quote=Collaborate post_id=206644 time=1524732053 user_id=21583]
Then you need to read that agreement. How can anyone here know what it says, know what your rights are under it, and know what the supplier's responsibility is?
[/quote]
I just needed a couple of hours to lay my hands on it, sorry if ive upset you

Collaborate

Post by Collaborate » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:53 am

Seems to me that the neighbour’s actions constitute circumstances beyond the management company’s control, but that they should reinstate the supply at your cost. You can then seek to recover that cost from the neighbour, and injunctive relief to prevent future interference.

You’d need to speak to a solicitor who will have to inspect your neighbour’s deeds as well.

falconho

Post by falconho » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:38 am

That sounds good thank you for your reply