Interesting story about the cost of a boundary dispute

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

liveinpeace
Number of Posts per Page: 10
Number of topics per page: 10

Interesting story about the cost of a boundary dispute

Post by liveinpeace » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:58 pm

if you cut and paste
NO INCH GIVEN Feuding neighbours spent a combined £120,000 in legal fees in dispute over 2ft strip of parking space

it will take you to a recent story of a boundary dispute. (sorry for the tabloid it is in!)
for anyone taking the starting of a dispute lightly, the cost and the time frame of this case is scary.
thankfully it seems the judge was a rather sensible man.

IdefixUK
Number of topics per page: 25

Re: Interesting story about the cost of a boundary dispute

Post by IdefixUK » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:02 pm

Transcript available to read on Bailii website.

Eliza

Re: Interesting story about the cost of a boundary dispute

Post by Eliza » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:38 am

I did feel sorry for the owners of that parking place. Whilst there is enough room to park one car - what about if they (or future owners of their house) want to pick two there or a darn great van? Looks like the other guy is just being plain devious and it would have been wise, in hindsight, to "see him coming" and get that gate of his blocked off before he got in 20 years worth of using their land for access to his. I felt sorry for the couple that own this land - knowing they have to put up with watching a trespasser go across it at regular intervals because he was devious like that and the "law" backed him.

Fortunately, I'd read about people pulling the "20 years or over" stunt before buying my current house and stopped nfh I have here from trespassing on my land pdq before they had the chance to build up "20 years worth" of trespassing.
Apologies for not giving exact personal details in my posts - you never know who is reading....