NFHiB forum shut down?

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

FilthWizzard

NFHiB forum shut down?

Post by FilthWizzard » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi folks. I was interested in looking at the NFH.org.uk forum, but despite the large number of references it appears to have vanished. Does anyone know why this happened? Seems to have been a decent community. Could it be that it has shifted to another site and I just can't find the new URL? Anyone know the background to this?

mr sheen

Re: NFHiB forum shut down?

Post by mr sheen » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:09 pm

You really are taking this pursuit of becoming a NFH very seriously......is all not as it first appears in Utopia? Is Utopia really Narnia?

thin and crispy

Post by thin and crispy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:50 pm

I couldn't find it recently either. It was a very helpful forum.

I don't know why it closed down, but it seems to have gone at about the same time that GDPR came into force. Maybe the processing of personal data had something to do with it - not all posters stick to the ideal of anonymity. Just a guess.
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.

SuesySorra

Post by SuesySorra » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:07 pm

I was a contributor to that forum many years ago. It was a good resource. But as the numbers grew, I noticed the ethos of the forum began to change. Adverts appeared and the owners began to offer a superior membership where people paid. I suppose we live in an increasingly commercial world. I had observed that the old owners seemed to vanish and someone else took it over. Still, a shame it closed.

ukmicky
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by ukmicky » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:13 pm

I found the advice on it was very basic and they often pointed people to this website .so it had its good points and bad
Any information provided is not legal advice and you are advised to gain a professional opinion