Drainage: The water has to go somewhere!

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Post Reply
MacadamB53
Posts: 7043
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by MacadamB53 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:13 am

arsie wrote:Wow that sounds like a volte face. Care to enlighten us how doom and gloom turned to chummy wummy so suddenly?
"weather permitting"

think glorious sunny weather... ...Mrs R goes out to top up her tan... ...Hyacinth gets an urge to gather more 'evidence'... ...spycam brought down on Rosenberg Ranch... ...Hyacinth up sh|t creek without a memory card... :) :)

I'm probably way off...
edited to rectify glaring typo
Last edited by MacadamB53 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rosenberg
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:19 am

You might think that Mac, I couldn't possibly comment. :)

MacadamB53
Posts: 7043
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by MacadamB53 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:36 am

Rosenberg wrote:You might think that Mac, I couldn't possibly comment. :)
Hi Rosenberg,

however the result was achieved is your business ;)

I hope the moron you've got next door keeps in line from now on.

Kind regards, Mac

Rosenberg
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:43 am

All perfectly legal and above board of course Mac.

I'm sure Hyacinth will behave from now on. He sounded pretty contrite this afternoon.

Thanks again for all your advice.

jonahinoz
Posts: 1547
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by jonahinoz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:57 am

Hi,

Having sorted your problem, perhaps you should now offer an olive branch ... invite your neighbour round for tea and bickies ... on the lawn.

I bet he would refuse. :lol:

John W

Rosenberg
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:20 pm

About time too! But at less than £20 p.a. it is still far too cheap.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48108817

User avatar
thin and crispy
Posts: 895
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by thin and crispy » Thu May 09, 2019 1:01 am

It's a shame really. A lot of people get enjoyment from quadcopters / drones. The registration cost wouldn't deter me from buying one, but I'd feel uneasy about being put on yet another database. It seems like the government wants to regulate and license everything nowadays. If they want to be consistent about this sort of thing maybe they should register all camera / smartphone owners as well. After all, they can also be used for nefarious purposes in the wrong hands (e.g. upskirting, poking through curtains into shop fitting rooms, recording private conversations, blackmail, sending hoax calls etc.). Where do you draw the line?
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.

Rosenberg
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Fri May 10, 2019 6:53 pm

You might not mind your wife being photographed in the censored but I do! People like you SHOULD be on a database. Which ones are you on already?

EDIT: What, I can't say n-u-d-e now? What's wrong with this site?

Collaborate
Posts: 2111
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Collaborate » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:53 pm
You might not mind your wife being photographed in the censored but I do! People like you SHOULD be on a database. Which ones are you on already?

EDIT: What, I can't say n-u-d-e now? What's wrong with this site?
totally uncalled for and out of order.

User avatar
thin and crispy
Posts: 895
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by thin and crispy » Sat May 11, 2019 2:22 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:53 pm
You might not mind your wife being photographed in the censored but I do! People like you SHOULD be on a database. Which ones are you on already?

EDIT: What, I can't say n-u-d-e now? What's wrong with this site?
Thank you for your concern for my wife Rosenberg. As far as databases are concerned, well I'm on the Electoral Register, the DVLA's database, my banks' and credit card company's databases, my employer's database, my ISP's database, BT's database, SSE's database ... and, come to think of it, I never cancelled my membership of the Tufty Club in 1972. What database(s) were you thinking of?
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.

IdefixUK
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:07 pm
Number of topics per page: 25

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by IdefixUK » Sat May 11, 2019 8:57 am

Collaborate wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:53 pm
You might not mind your wife being photographed in the censored but I do! People like you SHOULD be on a database. Which ones are you on already?

EDIT: What, I can't say n-u-d-e now? What's wrong with this site?
totally uncalled for and out of order.
+1

Rosenberg
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 pm
totally uncalled for and out of order.
I disagree. If you had had years of a pervert neighbour spying on your family with one of these things you would think differently as well. Apart from surveyors etc. most of the people that use them are pervert voyeurs and for Thin and Crispy to suggest that they should be encouraged can only mean one thing.
thin and crispy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:22 am
Thank you for your concern for my wife Rosenberg. As far as databases are concerned, well I'm on the Electoral Register, the DVLA's database, my banks' and credit card company's databases, my employer's database, my ISP's database, BT's database, SSE's database ... and, come to think of it, I never cancelled my membership of the Tufty Club in 1972. What database(s) were you thinking of?
Don't be silly. You know what I meant.

Collaborate
Posts: 2111
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Collaborate » Sun May 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm

I disagree. If you had had years of a pervert neighbour spying on your family with one of these things you would think differently as well. Apart from surveyors etc. most of the people that use them are pervert voyeurs and for Thin and Crispy to suggest that they should be encouraged can only mean one thing.
Nurse! Bring the medication!!

arborlad
Posts: 8723
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Sun May 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm
Apart from surveyors etc. most of the people that use them are pervert voyeurs.................



Gawd - how'd you manage to come up with such a load of ol' cobblers :roll:
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

User avatar
thin and crispy
Posts: 895
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by thin and crispy » Sun May 12, 2019 11:49 pm

arborlad wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:23 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm
Apart from surveyors etc. most of the people that use them are pervert voyeurs.................
Gawd - how'd you manage to come up with such a load of ol' cobblers :roll:
"ol' cobblers" indeed. Knee-length as well if my drone's video is anything to go by!
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.

Post Reply