Home made wind turbine

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

duggat

Home made wind turbine

Post by duggat » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi could anyone advise whether my neighbour can erect a home made wind turbine in his garden?

He hasn't done it yet, I am just preempting it happening.
Today he was trying out an obviously homemade wind turbine.
It looks like a large elongated child's windmill.
It didn't go around at first so he tried to get it going with his garden blower! :lol:
When he did eventually get it to go around you could hear it whooshing above the noise of his petrol garden blower.
We only have typical sized garden and what with his chickens squawking, his ducks quacking and his 3 dogs barking; to add to all this with the whoosh, whoosh of this thing!!!!!!!!
Plus the sight of it when its erected.
I have looked at the planning portal but I do not know if homemade turbines are allowed as they have to conform to standards.
If anyone knows anything about these things or can work out what the planning portal is saying and allowing; I would be extremely grateful.

appledore

Re: Home made wind turbine

Post by appledore » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:10 pm

duggat wrote:.
It didn't go around at first so he tried to get it going with his garden blower! :lol:
Don't worry he'll soon get sick of standing in his garden with his blower. :wink: :)
Keep calm and carry on.

hzatph

Post by hzatph » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:04 pm

It won't work for long.

andrew54

Post by andrew54 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:23 pm

From the planning portal it looks to me as though a home made one will always need planning permission.

ukmicky
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by ukmicky » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Yes wind turbines are allowed under permitted develpment rights. I know as i have looked at the idea.

Home made wind turbines however is a no as the wind turbine must comply with the MCS Planning Standards or equivalent
Any information provided is not legal advice and you are advised to gain a professional opinion