Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post Reply
arborlad
Posts: 8340
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by arborlad » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:24 pm
I do question how some people on this forum think that boundary disputes are resolved if they disregard the importance of the Title Plan.


I have never said that the Title Plan can be disregarded, I have however questioned how much weight can be given to it when trying to establish a boundary. In the context of this thread, there are two compelling pieces of evidence - on the ground - that will outweigh anything on paper.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Now you are squirming, I stated that the LR Title Plan was an important piece of legal evidence. This is a fact that most that can read together with a little comprehension would accept.

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:43 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:17 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:35 am
Hi Morgan Sweet,

thanks for clarifying.

in summary: 1. the title plan only shows the general whereabouts of the land referred to in the title because 2. it’s drafted using an OS map that is unacceptably inaccurate.

as you say, we already know this.

so why are you suggesting there’s more to a title plan?

kind regards, Mac
where have I suggested that a title plan is less important than you described?
I do not know, please tell me.

MacadamB53
Posts: 6621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by MacadamB53 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:43 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:17 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:35 am
Hi Morgan Sweet,

thanks for clarifying.

in summary: 1. the title plan only shows the general whereabouts of the land referred to in the title because 2. it’s drafted using an OS map that is unacceptably inaccurate.

as you say, we already know this.

so why are you suggesting there’s more to a title plan?

kind regards, Mac
where have I suggested that a title plan is less important than you described?
I do not know, please tell me.
I can’t because I haven’t - so please stop implying I (or any other contributor to this thread) have

puzzled regards, Mac

arborlad
Posts: 8340
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by arborlad » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:39 pm
Now you are squirming,


No squirming, simply stating the obvious - which you seem unable to grasp.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:57 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:55 pm
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:43 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:17 pm
where have I suggested that a title plan is less important than you described?
I do not know, please tell me.
I can’t because I haven’t - so please stop implying I (or any other contributor to this thread) have

puzzled regards, Mac
Where have I implied such a thing?

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 pm

arborlad wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:12 pm
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:39 pm
Now you are squirming,


No squirming, simply stating the obvious - which you seem unable to grasp.
You need to re-read and try your best to understand before you criticise.

MacadamB53
Posts: 6621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by MacadamB53 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:47 pm

hi Morgan Sweet,

where have you implied our appreciation of what a title plan is? here’s one:
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:13 am
Hello mac... ...If you, however believe that the Land Registry Title Plan is not an important part of the evidence in a boundary dispute so be it; I know differently.
would you now oblige me the same and quote which of my postings prompted such a response, thanks.

Mac

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:30 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:47 pm
hi Morgan Sweet,

where have you implied our appreciation of what a title plan is? here’s one:
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:13 am
Hello mac... ...If you, however believe that the Land Registry Title Plan is not an important part of the evidence in a boundary dispute so be it; I know differently.
would you now oblige me the same and quote which of my postings prompted such a response, thanks.

Mac
If you take special care to read the thread then it will become obvious to you.

MacadamB53
Posts: 6621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by MacadamB53 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:18 pm

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:30 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:47 pm
hi Morgan Sweet,

where have you implied our appreciation of what a title plan is? here’s one:
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:13 am
Hello mac... ...If you, however believe that the Land Registry Title Plan is not an important part of the evidence in a boundary dispute so be it; I know differently.
would you now oblige me the same and quote which of my postings prompted such a response, thanks.

Mac
If you take special care to read the thread then it will become obvious to you.
sorry, I’m confused.

you’re suggesting I need to check back through my own postings to work out how I might have mis worded/you might have misinterpreted one of them?

look, we both recognise that title plans are important and at no stage during my contributions to this thread have I stated - implicitly or otherwise - that they’re not.

so I am baffled why 1. you’ve implied I have, and 2. that you won’t explain why.

it seems you may be confusing with arborlad purely on the basis I’m contributing to the same thread!!

let’s just leave it cos it’s not worth falling out over.

HNY, Mac

arborlad
Posts: 8340
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by arborlad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 am

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:13 pm
So what?


In two words you have just dismissed and rejected the contribution from the most knowledgeable and respected member this Forum has - not good!!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:18 pm

arborlad wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 am
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:13 pm
So what?


In two words you have just dismissed and rejected the contribution from the most knowledgeable and respected member this Forum has - not good!!
I have done no such thing, the comment was aimed at you!

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:45 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:18 pm
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:30 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:47 pm
hi Morgan Sweet,

where have you implied our appreciation of what a title plan is? here’s one:would you now oblige me the same and quote which of my postings prompted such a response, thanks.

Mac
If you take special care to read the thread then it will become obvious to you.
sorry, I’m confused.

you’re suggesting I need to check back through my own postings to work out how I might have mis worded/you might have misinterpreted one of them?

look, we both recognise that title plans are important and at no stage during my contributions to this thread have I stated - implicitly or otherwise - that they’re not.

so I am baffled why 1. you’ve implied I have, and 2. that you won’t explain why.

it seems you may be confusing with arborlad purely on the basis I’m contributing to the same thread!!

let’s just leave it cos it’s not worth falling out over.

HNY, Mac
If you recognise that Title Plans are important then, at last, we can agree on something. You also believe that I have implied differently; I did not know at the stage I wrote the comment (based on your questions to me) whether you thought them important or not that is why I began the sentence with 'If'.

I am pleased that you do share the importance of Title Plans because it would be very misleading to infer that they are not important. For clarity, as written on an electronic copy of a Title Plan obtainable from the Land Registry. This copy is not an 'Official Copy' of the Title Plan. An official copy of the title plan is admissible in evidence in a court to the same extent as the original. It is therefore important for any OP to obtain an official copy.

If you feel that I have implied something that has offended you; that was not my intention.

arborlad
Posts: 8340
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by arborlad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:40 am

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:18 pm
arborlad wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 am
Morgan Sweet wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:13 pm
So what?


In two words you have just dismissed and rejected the contribution from the most knowledgeable and respected member this Forum has - not good!!
I have done no such thing, the comment was aimed at you!


Then you're simply shooting the messenger, the thread linked to highlights and compares Title Plans and modern surveying equipment with established boundary features and what is 'on the ground'.

In you own situation you've ended up with three or four boundary features which most would find unsatisfactory in terms of resolving a boundary dispute.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Morgan Sweet
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Neighbour appropriated some of my garden

Post by Morgan Sweet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 am

The complication is that you are relying too much on your interpretation of a contributor's opinion from a post submitted over a decade ago. In saying that (to be clear) I am not implying that the contribution is wrong, rather it is your constant suggesting that my contributions have no validity and bring the forum into disrepute that are plainly wrong.

Post Reply