Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

jonahinoz

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by jonahinoz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:57 am

Hi,

Having sorted your problem, perhaps you should now offer an olive branch ... invite your neighbour round for tea and bickies ... on the lawn.

I bet he would refuse. :lol:

John W

Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:20 pm

About time too! But at less than £20 p.a. it is still far too cheap.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48108817

thin and crispy

Post by thin and crispy » Thu May 09, 2019 1:01 am

It's a shame really. A lot of people get enjoyment from quadcopters / drones. The registration cost wouldn't deter me from buying one, but I'd feel uneasy about being put on yet another database. It seems like the government wants to regulate and license everything nowadays. If they want to be consistent about this sort of thing maybe they should register all camera / smartphone owners as well. After all, they can also be used for nefarious purposes in the wrong hands (e.g. upskirting, poking through curtains into shop fitting rooms, recording private conversations, blackmail, sending hoax calls etc.). Where do you draw the line?
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.

Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg » Fri May 10, 2019 6:53 pm

You might not mind your wife being photographed in the censored but I do! People like you SHOULD be on a database. Which ones are you on already?

EDIT: What, I can't say n-u-d-e now? What's wrong with this site?

Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by Collaborate » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:53 pm
You might not mind your wife being photographed in the censored but I do! People like you SHOULD be on a database. Which ones are you on already?

totally uncalled for and out of order.

thin and crispy

Post by thin and crispy » Sat May 11, 2019 2:22 am

Rosenberg wrote:

Thank you for your concern for my wife Rosenberg. As far as databases are concerned, well I'm on the Electoral Register, the DVLA's database, my banks' and credit card company's databases, my employer's database, my ISP's database, BT's database, SSE's database ... and, come to think of it, I never cancelled my membership of the Tufty Club in 1972. What database(s) were you thinking of?
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.

IdefixUK
Number of topics per page: 25

Post by IdefixUK » Sat May 11, 2019 8:57 am

Collaborate wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 pm
Rosenberg wrote:

+1

Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg » Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 pm
I disagree. If you had had years of a pervert neighbour spying on your family with one of these things you would think differently as well. Apart from surveyors etc. most of the people that use them are pervert voyeurs and for Thin and Crispy to suggest that they should be encouraged can only mean one thing.
thin and crispy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:22 am
Thank you for your concern for my wife Rosenberg. As far as databases are concerned, well I'm on the Electoral Register, the DVLA's database, my banks' and credit card company's databases, my employer's database, my ISP's database, BT's database, SSE's database ... and, come to think of it, I never cancelled my membership of the Tufty Club in 1972. What database(s) were you thinking of?
Don't be silly. You know what I meant.

Collaborate

Post by Collaborate » Sun May 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm

I disagree. If you had had years of a pervert neighbour spying on your family with one of these things you would think differently as well. Apart from surveyors etc. most of the people that use them are pervert voyeurs and for Thin and Crispy to suggest that they should be encouraged can only mean one thing.
Nurse! Bring the medication!!

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Sun May 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Apart from surveyors etc. most of the people that use them are pervert voyeurs.................

Gawd - how'd you manage to come up with such a load of ol' cobblers :roll:
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

thin and crispy

Post by thin and crispy » Sun May 12, 2019 11:49 pm

arborlad wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:23 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Apart from surveyors etc. most of the people that use them are pervert voyeurs.................
Gawd - how'd you manage to come up with such a load of ol' cobblers :roll:
"ol' cobblers" indeed. Knee-length as well if my drone's video is anything to go by!

Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg » Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am

I don't know why you are all being so anti. I would have thought Daily Mail readers like you lot would be all for privacy in your own garden.

If you disagree with me, give me a legitimate use for a drone other than professional use of some kind. Amateurs use them mainly for spying / perving.

Thin and Crispy, you still have not answered my question.

Arborlad, I am still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you 5 years ago. But you clammed up didn't you. I wonder why that was.

Collaborate

Post by Collaborate » Mon May 13, 2019 12:46 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am
I don't know why you are all being so anti.
I'd take a rough stab in the dark that we're simply anti deluded bell ends who seem to think it appropriate to cast wholly unwarranted aspersions on posters who offer their time to respond to your query.

It seems to me that the only one on this thread to get all hot and sweaty at the thought of perverts is you. Funny, that.

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Mon May 13, 2019 6:33 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am

Arborlad, I am still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you 5 years ago. But you clammed up didn't you. I wonder why that was.

If it's the same type of question that the other half of your double act, 'nothingtodowithme' asks, then the chances of an adequate response is not only remote - it is non-existent!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

edstrong

Post by edstrong » Mon May 13, 2019 10:48 am

"If you disagree with me, give me a legitimate use for a drone other than professional use of some kind."

I use mine for mapping my property over the seasons (recording plant growth, checking routes of paths, field drains), checking the tops of trees for evidence of rot/ash die-back etc, checking roof tiles and chimney pots (and doing the same for friends), group photos at parties, scenic photos at home and on holiday.

How many reasons do you want?