Drainage: The water has to go somewhere!

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Post Reply
Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am

I don't know why you are all being so anti. I would have thought Daily Mail readers like you lot would be all for privacy in your own garden.

If you disagree with me, give me a legitimate use for a drone other than professional use of some kind. Amateurs use them mainly for spying / perving.

Thin and Crispy, you still have not answered my question.

Arborlad, I am still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you 5 years ago. But you clammed up didn't you. I wonder why that was.

Collaborate
Posts: 1822
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Collaborate » Mon May 13, 2019 12:46 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am
I don't know why you are all being so anti.
I'd take a rough stab in the dark that we're simply anti deluded bell ends who seem to think it appropriate to cast wholly unwarranted aspersions on posters who offer their time to respond to your query.

It seems to me that the only one on this thread to get all hot and sweaty at the thought of perverts is you. Funny, that.

arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Mon May 13, 2019 6:33 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am

Arborlad, I am still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you 5 years ago. But you clammed up didn't you. I wonder why that was.



If it's the same type of question that the other half of your double act, 'nothingtodowithme' asks, then the chances of an adequate response is not only remote - it is non-existent!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

edstrong
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by edstrong » Mon May 13, 2019 10:48 am

"If you disagree with me, give me a legitimate use for a drone other than professional use of some kind."

I use mine for mapping my property over the seasons (recording plant growth, checking routes of paths, field drains), checking the tops of trees for evidence of rot/ash die-back etc, checking roof tiles and chimney pots (and doing the same for friends), group photos at parties, scenic photos at home and on holiday.

How many reasons do you want?

Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:46 am

I'd take a rough stab in the dark that we're simply anti deluded bell ends who seem to think it appropriate to cast wholly unwarranted aspersions on posters who offer their time to respond to your query.

It seems to me that the only one on this thread to get all hot and sweaty at the thought of perverts is you. Funny, that.
'Bell ends' should be hyphenated.
I am not getting 'hot and sweaty' - I rarely do as I am a naturist. Is that why you resort to insults? (Sure sign you're losing the argument). Or have you inferred something from my user-name?

arborlad wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:33 am
If it's the same type of question that the other half of your double act, 'nothingtodowithme' asks, then the chances of an adequate response is not only remote - it is non-existent!
I don't know what type of questions 'nothingtodowithme' asks. There is no double act. I don't know this person. So, call me a liar or answer my question. I doubt you'll have the courage to do either.

edstrong wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:48 am
I use mine for mapping my property over the seasons (recording plant growth, checking routes of paths, field drains), checking the tops of trees for evidence of rot/ash die-back etc, checking roof tiles and chimney pots (and doing the same for friends), group photos at parties, scenic photos at home and on holiday.
And you have never been tempted to have a sly snoop into your neighbours' garden? No, of course not :roll:
Do you know the legal minimum distance for flying those things near (a) buildings, (b) people?
Roll on registration - and prosecutions.

arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Mon May 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 pm

arborlad wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:33 am
If it's the same type of question that the other half of your double act, 'nothingtodowithme' asks, then the chances of an adequate response is not only remote - it is non-existent!
I don't know what type of questions 'nothingtodowithme' asks. There is no double act. I don't know this person. So, call me a liar or answer my question. I doubt you'll have the courage to do either.


The member you claim not to know....................



Rosenberg wrote:
Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:41 am
nothingtodowithme wrote:
Rosenberg wrote: Yes, that was a real tragedy. I didn't realise it at the time, but looking back at all the repeats, he was obviously a very talented actor.

Yes I agree, he was talented.
Going back to the original topic of this thread my thoughts were that it was a joke especially when he mentioned the guy asking what the time is.
I would have replied "Time you had a watch"!
This forum does crack me up at times and I must say Rosenberg you are a breath of fresh air!
Glad to know somebody appreciates me. :wink:
And, yes as the OP described it, it did seem to be an over-reaction to a trifling encounter, so I wondered if it was true as well... But it takes all sorts...
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Tue May 14, 2019 1:46 am

I don't know that person, and have never collaborated in a 'double act' as you put it. The fact that I made a comment to him / her about 5 years ago means nothing. I don't know him / her. I can't remember having that conversation. I can't even remember what that conversation was about. Unlike you, I'm not obsessed enough to go to the trouble of looking up a 5 year old post.

Can you remember the user-names of all the people you have communicated with on this forum? No? Thought not.

My 5 year old question to you still stands.

Collaborate
Posts: 1822
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Collaborate » Tue May 14, 2019 7:04 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 pm

'Bell ends' should be hyphenated.
I am not getting 'hot and sweaty' - I rarely do as I am a naturist. Is that why you resort to insults? (Sure sign you're losing the argument). Or have you inferred something from my user-name?
All naturists are not-so-closet perverts.

arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Tue May 14, 2019 7:55 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:46 am
I don't know that person, and have never collaborated in a 'double act' as you put it. The fact that I made a comment to him / her about 5 years ago means nothing. I don't know him / her. I can't remember having that conversation. I can't even remember what that conversation was about. Unlike you, I'm not obsessed enough to go to the trouble of looking up a 5 year old post.


LIAR

The thread in question: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19456&hilit=burglar+tactic



Can you remember the user-names of all the people you have communicated with on this forum? No? Thought not.



Mostly - yes, especially the ones who have attempted to discredit the entire forum!




My 5 year old question to you still stands.



Ask away.............
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Collaborate
Posts: 1822
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Collaborate » Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 pm

I am not getting 'hot and sweaty' - I rarely do as I am a naturist. Is that why you resort to insults? (Sure sign you're losing the argument). Or have you inferred something from my user-name?
Before I respond, could you perhaps clarify what you think I've inferred from your username, and why you think that it affects my response to your insulting posts?

edstrong
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by edstrong » Tue May 14, 2019 11:12 am

"And you have never been tempted to have a sly snoop into your neighbours' garden? No, of course not :roll:
Do you know the legal minimum distance for flying those things near (a) buildings, (b) people?"

No, I have never been tempted to have a sly snoop. Yes, I know the minimum distances very well thank you.

User avatar
thin and crispy
Posts: 895
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by thin and crispy » Tue May 14, 2019 11:42 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 pm
...I am a naturist. ... Or have you inferred something from my user-name?
At the risk of sounding like Sherlock Holmes, I would infer that every summer you get through a very small bottle of SPF100 - or you have found a novel use for an old sock.
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.

arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:46 am

Can you remember the user-names of all the people you have communicated with on this forum? No? Thought not.
Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 pm
And you have never been tempted to have a sly snoop into your neighbours' garden? No, of course not :roll:



You have a curious but perverse ability to turn a question into a statement of (perceived) fact..................perhaps the 'unanswered' question from five years ago has already been answered :roll:
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Tue May 14, 2019 12:35 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:04 am
All naturists are not-so-closet perverts.
Nonsensical.

arborlad wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:55 am
LIAR
Argumentative.

Collaborate wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 am
Before I respond, could you perhaps clarify what you think I've inferred from your username, and why you think that it affects my response to your insulting posts?
Gutless.

edstrong wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:12 am
No, I have never been tempted to have a sly snoop. Yes, I know the minimum distances very well thank you.
Evasive.

thin and crispy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:42 am
At the risk of sounding like Sherlock Holmes, I would infer that every summer you get through a very small bottle of SPF100 - or you have found a novel use for an old sock.
Offensive.

arborlad wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 pm
You have a curious but perverse ability to turn a question into a statement of (perceived) fact..................perhaps the 'unanswered' question from five years ago has already been answered :roll:
Vague (and evasive).


Not much chance of a productive discussion with the "Middle England Residents' Association" on this forum, is there?

arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Tue May 14, 2019 12:51 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:35 pm
Not much chance of a productive discussion with the "Middle England Residents' Association" on this forum, is there?



You quite clearly need to look to yourself for the answer to that question...............
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Post Reply