Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Post Reply
Rosenberg
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 pm

FilthWizzard wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:25 pm
Just pointing out that using drones is very popular, and so if all those using drones are 'perverts' then such behavior can only be considered normal by sheer volume and so cannot be, by definition, a perversion of the norm. In fact the reverse would be true, that the few who think the many are odd would be the oddballs themselves. Of course, it is far more likely that the OP has a rather active imagination as to the intent of others.

OP, I think you are in danger of imagining that just because a thing can be done it will be done which is a mistake. Most of us own a knife or two, but we don't go around mugging folk with them. We usually just use them for making dinner etc. It would be rather over the top to place all knife owners on a criminal register. I can't imagine how angry you must feel at all the 'perverts' who own telescopes and the like, you must be in a constantly horrified state.

If you truly believe all such people are trying to photograph you and your spouse in the all-together then there's little your neighbour will be able to do to set your mind at ease. You've already marked them down as some kind of perverted criminal for just owning a drone so how can they possibly even start to bridge the gap and restore neighbourly relations? Please note that unless you can find a way to come to some kind of understanding with society in general you will regularly find yourself at odds with it and that will be a battle that will last a lifetime. Be sure you want this before writing off large swaths of the population as your enemy.
Para 1: The norm is NOT to own a drone - i.e. most people don't own them. I do hope you're not a statistician. Intent has been proved by the content of the videos!

Para 2: A telescope is less of an invasion of one's privacy than a neighbour flying his drone over your garden. For one thing, angle of view can be constantly altered so you can't get out of frame. For another, you can get a much closer view with a drone.

Para 3: Have you read the first few pages of this thread? My neighbour had no intention of putting our minds at ease. His actions were intended to serve two purposes: (a) his sexual gratification and (b) to intimidate us. The first might have worked (I don't know; I didn't spy on him while he was operating his joystick). The second definitely didn't - but that does not, and will not, make me more accepting of people (i.e. perverts) using them for spying on their neighbours. "Large swaths [sic] of the population" don't use drones, hence I'm not writing off "large swaths [sic] of the population" as my enemy.

Thanks for the pep talk though.

Rosenberg
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Tue May 14, 2019 4:58 pm

All this is getting a bit tedious. I have better things to do now that we have some sunshine, so I'm going to take my leave of this thread for the moment. Don't worry fans, I'm not leaving the forum. I'll be back to delight and amuse you soon.

arborlad
Posts: 8346
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Tue May 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:12 pm
That seems to have got you going!
arborlad wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:17 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:35 pm



Gutless.



Evasive.
No, not evasive. It's just that the answer to my original question is so obvious that an idiot would get it. Thin and Crispy clearly did (while still managing to be offensive), which really proves my point. I have no intention of humouring idiots.

Did Collaborate's faux innocence fool you then arborlad?


More obfuscation - no change there then!!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Collaborate
Posts: 1794
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Collaborate » Wed May 15, 2019 7:52 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:12 pm

No, not evasive. It's just that the answer to my original question is so obvious that an idiot would get it. Thin and Crispy clearly did (while still managing to be offensive), which really proves my point. I have no intention of humouring idiots.

Did Collaborate's faux innocence fool you then arborlad?
OK, I shall rise to the bait. The obvious point you're trying to make is that as your user name suggests you're Jewish, then my criticism of you must mean I'm anti-semitic. I must assure you that I am no member of the Labour Party, and I reckon that the Jewish community has no more or no less Village Idiots than any other community. It's just that you're one of them, and you don't get a fee pass to behave like a dick just because you have a Jewish user name.

Clifford Pope
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Clifford Pope » Wed May 15, 2019 9:13 am

I haven't read any of this saga before now, but noticing that it has now been running for very nearly a year I thought it might deserve a scan.

I thought FilthWizard's recent comment
" Please note that unless you can find a way to come to some kind of understanding with society in general you will regularly find yourself at odds with it and that will be a battle that will last a lifetime. Be sure you want this before writing off large swaths of the population as your enemy."
was the best comment.

The OP comes across, from this thread and others, as a rather self-satisfied individual who choses to differentiate himself in some way from society at large, but then rather obsessively searches for evidence that society is in some way, literally in this example, out to spy on him. To induce this paranoia he has a habit of putting up veiled challenges to see if anyone responds in a way that he can then feel aggrieved about, so reinforcing his paranoia.
Previously he tentatively threw into the conversation the hint that the word "shady" might have racial undertones, to see if anyone responded. His family sunbathes undressed in a small overlooked suburban garden to see whether anyone reaches for their binoculars. He selects a username that might or might not suggest jewishness, perhaps,if my theory is correct, to see whether anyone picks that up so that he can be offended by that response.

In other circumstances I would vigorously resent intrusion by a drone, and would be tempted to shoot it down with my air rifle. But with the OP's history I would be inclined to believe that he has in his subtle way invited it upon himself, so would be content to leave him to enjoy his "voyeurism by proxy". :)

Fairclough
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:34 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 15
Number of topics per page: 100

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Fairclough » Wed May 15, 2019 6:39 pm

I have seen this topic before, but I have only just read the second part. While I wouldn't want a drone invading my private space, Rosenbergs attitude is completely out of order. He came here for help. People have been helpful to him and all of a sudden he turns on them like they are the source of his problems. Has something else happened that I haven't read about?

arborlad
Posts: 8346
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Thu May 23, 2019 7:13 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am
I don't know why you are all being so anti. I would have thought Daily Mail readers like you lot would be all for privacy in your own garden.

If you disagree with me, give me a legitimate use for a drone other than professional use of some kind. Amateurs use them mainly for spying / perving.

Thin and Crispy, you still have not answered my question.

Arborlad, I am still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you 5 years ago. But you clammed up didn't you. I wonder why that was.



Specific to your neighbour - he may be gathering evidence of your trespass or shedding surface water onto land you do not own, if fitted with a microphone - noise levels.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Rosenberg
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm

After being called:
  • a 'deluded bell end' (by Collaborate)
  • a 'pervert' (by Collaborate, because I am a naturist)
  • an exhibitionist, or words to that effect (by Clifford Pope, again because I am a naturist)
  • a 'liar' (by arborlad, because I maintain that I have not colluded with one of his 'arch-enemies' on this forum [a bit paranoid there arborlad])
and a number of other insulting names which have since been deleted by Admin, arborlad has now resorted to making a string of unfounded accusations. For the record there is no evidence of any unneighbourly behaviour for Hyacinth's pervi-copter to gather. I am not:
  • trespassing on his land or property;
  • shedding surface water onto land I don't own (other than natural run-off);
  • making noise that a reasonable person would regard as a statutory nuisance.
I have already stated clearly in this thread that my neighbour used his pervi-copter for spying on my wife while she was sun-bathing in our enclosed garden. We have undeniable evidence of that (e.g. video close-ups of my wife's genitalia taken by our neighbour's pervi-copter). He has also spied on me and other members of my family while we've been in our garden, a garden which is fully enclosed and in which we have a reasonable expectation of privacy. It is only because that video evidence is currently in our possession that my neighbour has now stopped overflying our garden.

It is all detailed clearly earlier in this thread. Yet arborlad chooses to ignore those facts and make a series of spurious accusations instead.

Why is that arborlad? And what are you going to accuse me of next?

arborlad
Posts: 8346
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
After being called:
  • a 'deluded bell end' (by Collaborate)
  • a 'pervert' (by Collaborate, because I am a naturist)
  • an exhibitionist, or words to that effect (by Clifford Pope, again because I am a naturist)
  • a 'liar' (by arborlad, because I maintain that I have not colluded with one of his 'arch-enemies' on this forum [a bit paranoid there arborlad])
and a number of other insulting names which have since been deleted by Admin, arborlad has now resorted to making a string of unfounded accusations. For the record there is no evidence of any unneighbourly behaviour for Hyacinth's pervi-copter to gather. I am not:
  • trespassing on his land or property;
  • shedding surface water onto land I don't own (other than natural run-off);
  • making noise that a reasonable person would regard as a statutory nuisance.
I have already stated clearly in this thread that my neighbour used his pervi-copter for spying on my wife while she was sun-bathing in our enclosed garden. We have undeniable evidence of that (e.g. video close-ups of my wife's genitalia taken by our neighbour's pervi-copter). He has also spied on me and other members of my family while we've been in our garden, a garden which is fully enclosed and in which we have a reasonable expectation of privacy. It is only because that video evidence is currently in our possession that my neighbour has now stopped overflying our garden.

It is all detailed clearly earlier in this thread. Yet arborlad chooses to ignore those facts and make a series of spurious accusations instead.

Why is that arborlad? And what are you going to accuse me of next?



Nothing spurious..............

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7253

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7307

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8490
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Collaborate
Posts: 1794
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Collaborate » Sat May 25, 2019 8:21 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
After being called:
  • a 'deluded bell end' (by Collaborate)
  • a 'pervert' (by Collaborate, because I am a naturist)
I merely said that we are against "deluded bell-ends". If you want to identify yourself as one of those, go ahead.

As for the pervert accusation, it was you who said all drone owners are perverts, and I merely pointed out the only one getting all hot and sweaty thinking about perverts was you. Of course waving your genitals in your garden while frothing at the mouth over your neighbours is entirely normal behaviour!!

You seriously need some help.

MacadamB53
Posts: 6621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by MacadamB53 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 am

arborlad wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
After being called:
  • a 'deluded bell end' (by Collaborate)
  • a 'pervert' (by Collaborate, because I am a naturist)
  • an exhibitionist, or words to that effect (by Clifford Pope, again because I am a naturist)
  • a 'liar' (by arborlad, because I maintain that I have not colluded with one of his 'arch-enemies' on this forum [a bit paranoid there arborlad])
and a number of other insulting names which have since been deleted by Admin, arborlad has now resorted to making a string of unfounded accusations. For the record there is no evidence of any unneighbourly behaviour for Hyacinth's pervi-copter to gather. I am not:
  • trespassing on his land or property;
  • shedding surface water onto land I don't own (other than natural run-off);
  • making noise that a reasonable person would regard as a statutory nuisance.
I have already stated clearly in this thread that my neighbour used his pervi-copter for spying on my wife while she was sun-bathing in our enclosed garden. We have undeniable evidence of that (e.g. video close-ups of my wife's genitalia taken by our neighbour's pervi-copter). He has also spied on me and other members of my family while we've been in our garden, a garden which is fully enclosed and in which we have a reasonable expectation of privacy. It is only because that video evidence is currently in our possession that my neighbour has now stopped overflying our garden.

It is all detailed clearly earlier in this thread. Yet arborlad chooses to ignore those facts and make a series of spurious accusations instead.

Why is that arborlad? And what are you going to accuse me of next?



Nothing spurious..............

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7253

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7307

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8490
do these older threads refer to the same neighbour? and if they do, does this support arborlad’s suggestion that the neighbour might be using his drone to capture evidence seven years later?!?

arborlad
Posts: 8346
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Sat May 25, 2019 7:58 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 am
do these older threads refer to the same neighbour? and if they do, does this support arborlad’s suggestion that the neighbour might be using his drone to capture evidence seven years later?!?


He wanted legitimate uses for a drone - I gave him some.



arborlad wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:13 am
Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am
I don't know why you are all being so anti. I would have thought Daily Mail readers like you lot would be all for privacy in your own garden.

If you disagree with me, give me a legitimate use for a drone other than professional use of some kind. Amateurs use them mainly for spying / perving.

Thin and Crispy, you still have not answered my question.

Arborlad, I am still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you 5 years ago. But you clammed up didn't you. I wonder why that was.



Specific to your neighbour - he may be gathering evidence of your trespass or shedding surface water onto land you do not own, if fitted with a microphone - noise levels.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Rosenberg
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sat May 25, 2019 9:19 pm

arborlad wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
After being called:
  • a 'deluded bell end' (by Collaborate)
  • a 'pervert' (by Collaborate, because I am a naturist)
  • an exhibitionist, or words to that effect (by Clifford Pope, again because I am a naturist)
  • a 'liar' (by arborlad, because I maintain that I have not colluded with one of his 'arch-enemies' on this forum [a bit paranoid there arborlad])
and a number of other insulting names which have since been deleted by Admin, arborlad has now resorted to making a string of unfounded accusations. For the record there is no evidence of any unneighbourly behaviour for Hyacinth's pervi-copter to gather. I am not:
  • trespassing on his land or property;
  • shedding surface water onto land I don't own (other than natural run-off);
  • making noise that a reasonable person would regard as a statutory nuisance.
I have already stated clearly in this thread that my neighbour used his pervi-copter for spying on my wife while she was sun-bathing in our enclosed garden. We have undeniable evidence of that (e.g. video close-ups of my wife's genitalia taken by our neighbour's pervi-copter). He has also spied on me and other members of my family while we've been in our garden, a garden which is fully enclosed and in which we have a reasonable expectation of privacy. It is only because that video evidence is currently in our possession that my neighbour has now stopped overflying our garden.

It is all detailed clearly earlier in this thread. Yet arborlad chooses to ignore those facts and make a series of spurious accusations instead.

Why is that arborlad? And what are you going to accuse me of next?



Nothing spurious..............

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7253

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7307

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8490

Your accusations are spurious arborlad. You went to all that trouble of researching problems I posted about many years ago (how long did that take you?), assumed that they remain unresolved, and, worse, that I was at fault on all three counts. I'll update you so you can see where you went wrong:

Accusations 1 - Encroachment: We now have wall to properly delineate our driveway - so we could not encroach on Hyacynth's land with our vehicles even if we wanted to. If he wanted to monitor the position of the wall (with a pervi-copter or otherwise) the time to do so, and to take legal action if he felt it necessary, would have been when the wall was built (10 years ago).

Accusation 2 - Drainage: The whole idea of illegal drainage is absurd in this case. The drainage that does occur is not materially different from natural drainage. The same amount of water spread over the same total length of boundary. When it comes to 'artificialness', it is a question of degree: you could argue that a single tree, planted by me on the boundary, disturbs the natural flow of water but to say that the result is an illegal discharge would be a load of sloblock.

Accusation 3 - Noise: My son used to make the same sort of noise as any other normal teenager. Though it has never been a statutory nuisance, he has made even less noise as he has got older. He moved out several years ago so this could not be the reason Hyacynth flew his pervi-copter over my naked wife. If it is equipped with a microphone, as you suggest, he'd need to use it in accordance with the ICO's guidance: they tend to disapprove of that kind of thing.
Last edited by Rosenberg on Sat May 25, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosenberg
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sat May 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:21 am
I merely said that we are against "deluded bell-ends". If you want to identify yourself as one of those, go ahead.
Disingenuousness is not clever Collaborate. You said it directly to me as part of your accusation that I was casting unwarranted aspersions on Thin and Crispy.

Collaborate wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:21 am
As for the pervert accusation, it was you who said all drone owners are perverts, and I merely pointed out the only one getting all hot and sweaty thinking about perverts was you.
In fact, you said naturists were 'no-so-closet perverts'. I am a naturist, hence you were calling me pervert. I have already corrected you in that, being a naturist, I don't get 'all hot and sweaty'. Not even perverts (or the Daily Mail reading Middle England Residents' Association on this forum) do it for me.

Collaborate wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:21 am
Of course waving your genitals in your garden while frothing at the mouth over your neighbours is entirely normal behaviour!!
Again you are wrong. I don't froth at the mouth over my neighbours; I effectively solve the problems that they cause. Neither do I wave my genitals in the garden. I have never said that I do, so genital waving must be something else that you've imagined - or more likely decided to spout forth in you vendetta against naturists. Why do we make you feel so inadequate Collaborate?

Collaborate wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:21 am
You seriously need some help.
Who is it that you really think needs help, Collaborate? Classic displacement!
Last edited by Rosenberg on Sat May 25, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Rosenberg
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sat May 25, 2019 9:41 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 am
arborlad wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
After being called:
  • a 'deluded bell end' (by Collaborate)
  • a 'pervert' (by Collaborate, because I am a naturist)
  • an exhibitionist, or words to that effect (by Clifford Pope, again because I am a naturist)
  • a 'liar' (by arborlad, because I maintain that I have not colluded with one of his 'arch-enemies' on this forum [a bit paranoid there arborlad])
and a number of other insulting names which have since been deleted by Admin, arborlad has now resorted to making a string of unfounded accusations. For the record there is no evidence of any unneighbourly behaviour for Hyacinth's pervi-copter to gather. I am not:
  • trespassing on his land or property;
  • shedding surface water onto land I don't own (other than natural run-off);
  • making noise that a reasonable person would regard as a statutory nuisance.
I have already stated clearly in this thread that my neighbour used his pervi-copter for spying on my wife while she was sun-bathing in our enclosed garden. We have undeniable evidence of that (e.g. video close-ups of my wife's genitalia taken by our neighbour's pervi-copter). He has also spied on me and other members of my family while we've been in our garden, a garden which is fully enclosed and in which we have a reasonable expectation of privacy. It is only because that video evidence is currently in our possession that my neighbour has now stopped overflying our garden.

It is all detailed clearly earlier in this thread. Yet arborlad chooses to ignore those facts and make a series of spurious accusations instead.

Why is that arborlad? And what are you going to accuse me of next?



Nothing spurious..............

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7253

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7307

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8490
do these older threads refer to the same neighbour? and if they do, does this support arborlad’s suggestion that the neighbour might be using his drone to capture evidence seven years later?!?
Yes, same neighbour.

No, they don't support aborlad's suggestion. Some of the history which arborlad dredged up in an attempt to discredit me is actually 11.5 years old and hasn't been even a potential issue for many years (see my previous post).

With regard to Hyacynth's motives, he would not find evidence of any wrongdoing secreted up my wife's batcave - which was the focus of most of the pervi-copter footage.
Last edited by Rosenberg on Sat May 25, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post Reply