Drainage: The water has to go somewhere!

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Post Reply
arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Sat May 25, 2019 7:58 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 am
do these older threads refer to the same neighbour? and if they do, does this support arborlad’s suggestion that the neighbour might be using his drone to capture evidence seven years later?!?


He wanted legitimate uses for a drone - I gave him some.



arborlad wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:13 am
Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am
I don't know why you are all being so anti. I would have thought Daily Mail readers like you lot would be all for privacy in your own garden.

If you disagree with me, give me a legitimate use for a drone other than professional use of some kind. Amateurs use them mainly for spying / perving.

Thin and Crispy, you still have not answered my question.

Arborlad, I am still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you 5 years ago. But you clammed up didn't you. I wonder why that was.



Specific to your neighbour - he may be gathering evidence of your trespass or shedding surface water onto land you do not own, if fitted with a microphone - noise levels.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sat May 25, 2019 9:19 pm

arborlad wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
After being called:
  • a 'deluded bell end' (by Collaborate)
  • a 'pervert' (by Collaborate, because I am a naturist)
  • an exhibitionist, or words to that effect (by Clifford Pope, again because I am a naturist)
  • a 'liar' (by arborlad, because I maintain that I have not colluded with one of his 'arch-enemies' on this forum [a bit paranoid there arborlad])
and a number of other insulting names which have since been deleted by Admin, arborlad has now resorted to making a string of unfounded accusations. For the record there is no evidence of any unneighbourly behaviour for Hyacinth's pervi-copter to gather. I am not:
  • trespassing on his land or property;
  • shedding surface water onto land I don't own (other than natural run-off);
  • making noise that a reasonable person would regard as a statutory nuisance.
I have already stated clearly in this thread that my neighbour used his pervi-copter for spying on my wife while she was sun-bathing in our enclosed garden. We have undeniable evidence of that (e.g. video close-ups of my wife's genitalia taken by our neighbour's pervi-copter). He has also spied on me and other members of my family while we've been in our garden, a garden which is fully enclosed and in which we have a reasonable expectation of privacy. It is only because that video evidence is currently in our possession that my neighbour has now stopped overflying our garden.

It is all detailed clearly earlier in this thread. Yet arborlad chooses to ignore those facts and make a series of spurious accusations instead.

Why is that arborlad? And what are you going to accuse me of next?



Nothing spurious..............

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7253

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7307

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8490

Your accusations are spurious arborlad. You went to all that trouble of researching problems I posted about many years ago (how long did that take you?), assumed that they remain unresolved, and, worse, that I was at fault on all three counts. I'll update you so you can see where you went wrong:

Accusations 1 - Encroachment: We now have wall to properly delineate our driveway - so we could not encroach on Hyacynth's land with our vehicles even if we wanted to. If he wanted to monitor the position of the wall (with a pervi-copter or otherwise) the time to do so, and to take legal action if he felt it necessary, would have been when the wall was built (10 years ago).

Accusation 2 - Drainage: The whole idea of illegal drainage is absurd in this case. The drainage that does occur is not materially different from natural drainage. The same amount of water spread over the same total length of boundary. When it comes to 'artificialness', it is a question of degree: you could argue that a single tree, planted by me on the boundary, disturbs the natural flow of water but to say that the result is an illegal discharge would be a load of sloblock.

Accusation 3 - Noise: My son used to make the same sort of noise as any other normal teenager. Though it has never been a statutory nuisance, he has made even less noise as he has got older. He moved out several years ago so this could not be the reason Hyacynth flew his pervi-copter over my naked wife. If it is equipped with a microphone, as you suggest, he'd need to use it in accordance with the ICO's guidance: they tend to disapprove of that kind of thing.
Last edited by Rosenberg on Sat May 25, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sat May 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:21 am
I merely said that we are against "deluded bell-ends". If you want to identify yourself as one of those, go ahead.
Disingenuousness is not clever Collaborate. You said it directly to me as part of your accusation that I was casting unwarranted aspersions on Thin and Crispy.

Collaborate wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:21 am
As for the pervert accusation, it was you who said all drone owners are perverts, and I merely pointed out the only one getting all hot and sweaty thinking about perverts was you.
In fact, you said naturists were 'no-so-closet perverts'. I am a naturist, hence you were calling me pervert. I have already corrected you in that, being a naturist, I don't get 'all hot and sweaty'. Not even perverts (or the Daily Mail reading Middle England Residents' Association on this forum) do it for me.

Collaborate wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:21 am
Of course waving your genitals in your garden while frothing at the mouth over your neighbours is entirely normal behaviour!!
Again you are wrong. I don't froth at the mouth over my neighbours; I effectively solve the problems that they cause. Neither do I wave my genitals in the garden. I have never said that I do, so genital waving must be something else that you've imagined - or more likely decided to spout forth in you vendetta against naturists. Why do we make you feel so inadequate Collaborate?

Collaborate wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:21 am
You seriously need some help.
Who is it that you really think needs help, Collaborate? Classic displacement!
Last edited by Rosenberg on Sat May 25, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sat May 25, 2019 9:41 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 am
arborlad wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
After being called:
  • a 'deluded bell end' (by Collaborate)
  • a 'pervert' (by Collaborate, because I am a naturist)
  • an exhibitionist, or words to that effect (by Clifford Pope, again because I am a naturist)
  • a 'liar' (by arborlad, because I maintain that I have not colluded with one of his 'arch-enemies' on this forum [a bit paranoid there arborlad])
and a number of other insulting names which have since been deleted by Admin, arborlad has now resorted to making a string of unfounded accusations. For the record there is no evidence of any unneighbourly behaviour for Hyacinth's pervi-copter to gather. I am not:
  • trespassing on his land or property;
  • shedding surface water onto land I don't own (other than natural run-off);
  • making noise that a reasonable person would regard as a statutory nuisance.
I have already stated clearly in this thread that my neighbour used his pervi-copter for spying on my wife while she was sun-bathing in our enclosed garden. We have undeniable evidence of that (e.g. video close-ups of my wife's genitalia taken by our neighbour's pervi-copter). He has also spied on me and other members of my family while we've been in our garden, a garden which is fully enclosed and in which we have a reasonable expectation of privacy. It is only because that video evidence is currently in our possession that my neighbour has now stopped overflying our garden.

It is all detailed clearly earlier in this thread. Yet arborlad chooses to ignore those facts and make a series of spurious accusations instead.

Why is that arborlad? And what are you going to accuse me of next?



Nothing spurious..............

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7253

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7307

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8490
do these older threads refer to the same neighbour? and if they do, does this support arborlad’s suggestion that the neighbour might be using his drone to capture evidence seven years later?!?
Yes, same neighbour.

No, they don't support aborlad's suggestion. Some of the history which arborlad dredged up in an attempt to discredit me is actually 11.5 years old and hasn't been even a potential issue for many years (see my previous post).

With regard to Hyacynth's motives, he would not find evidence of any wrongdoing secreted up my wife's batcave - which was the focus of most of the pervi-copter footage.
Last edited by Rosenberg on Sat May 25, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sat May 25, 2019 10:27 pm

arborlad wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:58 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 am
do these older threads refer to the same neighbour? and if they do, does this support arborlad’s suggestion that the neighbour might be using his drone to capture evidence seven years later?!?
He wanted legitimate uses for a drone - I gave him some.
No you didn't, aborlad. You said it was specific to my neighbour, thus they were slurs directed at me.

It's quite obvious that you thought you'd found a way of throwing mud. (Quick tip: don't; it will come back to hit you in the face.)

Clifford Pope
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Clifford Pope » Sun May 26, 2019 9:02 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm

  • an exhibitionist, or words to that effect (by Clifford Pope, again because I am a naturist)


More to do with your evident love of parading every facet of your life for everyone else to see.

arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Sun May 26, 2019 9:31 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:40 am
nothingtodowithme wrote:Rosenberg is correct.
Shhhh! Don't let on! The usual presumption on this forum is that I'm wrong about everything. :lol:

Many a true word spoken in jest.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Sun May 26, 2019 11:17 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:19 pm
assumed that they remain unresolved,



I've assumed nothing - you were trespassing on the neighbours land and a fence was erected by the neighbour to prevent that trespass.

You are still shedding surface water on land you do not own or into a proper drain.



I'll update you...........



Pointless in this thread - it needs to be the individual threads concerned...........while you're at it, an unanswered question from five years ago: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19320&start=75
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sun May 26, 2019 5:45 pm

Clifford Pope wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:02 am
Rosenberg wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm

  • an exhibitionist, or words to that effect (by Clifford Pope, again because I am a naturist)


More to do with your evident love of parading every facet of your life for everyone else to see.
What facets, specifically? I have only posted about the same sort of issues that other people have posted on. I have just been more forthright about the stupid comments I get in response (like yours, specifically).
Last edited by Rosenberg on Sun May 26, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sun May 26, 2019 6:27 pm

You are beginning to sound desperate now arborlad.

arborlad wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:31 am
Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:40 am

Shhhh! Don't let on! The usual presumption on this forum is that I'm wrong about everything. :lol:
Many a true word spoken in jest.
Logic's not your strong suit either, is it. Did you really mean to post that?

arborlad wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:17 am
I've assumed nothing - you were trespassing on the neighbours land and a fence was erected by the neighbour to prevent that trespass.
We took the fence down and built a wall. You assumed otherwise - and you were wrong to do so.

arborlad wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:17 am
You are still shedding surface water on land you do not own or into a proper drain.
You don't know what I am doing. You haven't visited my garden (unless you've been stalking me in real life as well), and you certainly don't have any evidence for your assertion. Water runs off higher land onto lower land naturally. That's basic physics. There is no requirement for us to install a drain. Nothing illegal is occurring. You assumed otherwise - and, again, you were wrong to do so.

arborlad wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:17 am
I'll update you...........
Pointless in this thread - it needs to be the individual threads concerned...........while you're at it, an unanswered question from five years ago: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19320&start=75
I've noticed that you frequently complain of things appearing in the wrong thread, but in this case you are the one to blame. You referenced those three topics in this thread, hence I replied in this thread.

You really should be shocked by the stupidity of your assertions and depths to which you are sinking. Do you feel like you are being manipulated at all; like your thoughts aren't entirely your own?

Collaborate
Posts: 1822
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Collaborate » Sun May 26, 2019 7:10 pm

No matter what you continue to post on this thread, the undeniable fact is that you came here hoping others would give their free time to help you. On people offering their advice you were rude and ungrateful, because the advice was not what you wanted to hear. You called people perverts for owning a drone (without a trace of irony when declaring you were a naturist), and seem to think the worst of everyone who has responded to your thread. Now your thread has strayed so far from its original purpose and has become a means by which you can slander members of this site.

Rosenberg
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by Rosenberg » Sun May 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:10 pm
No matter what you continue to post on this thread, the undeniable fact is that you came here hoping others would give their free time to help you.
Some people have helped (notably Mac) and have been appropriately treated.

Collaborate wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:10 pm
On people offering their advice you were rude and ungrateful, because the advice was not what you wanted to hear.
...because their posts didn't constitute advice or were derogatory.

Collaborate wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:10 pm
You called people perverts for owning a drone (without a trace of irony when declaring you were a naturist),
...for using a drone to spy on their neighbours - i.e. most people who use them non-professionally.
By the way, your statement is a pretty clear admission that you do think all naturists are perverts.

Collaborate wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:10 pm
and seem to think the worst of everyone who has responded to your thread.
No, just those who have made stupid comments.

Collaborate wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:10 pm
Now your thread has strayed so far from its original purpose and has become a means by which you can slander members of this site.
You probably mean libel or (in broader terms) defamation, as this exchange is written rather than spoken (didn't you profess somewhere to being a solicitor?). It might be libel if anything I had said was untrue and directed to an identifiable individual. But I don't believe anything I have said is untrue.

How would you classify your accusations that all naturists are perverts, that I wave my genitals about in the garden, and the numerous other slurs that you and arborlad have made?

arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Sun May 26, 2019 8:21 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:27 pm
You are beginning to sound desperate now arborlad.

arborlad wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:31 am
Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:40 am

Shhhh! Don't let on! The usual presumption on this forum is that I'm wrong about everything. :lol:
Many a true word spoken in jest.
Logic's not your strong suit either, is it. Did you really mean to post that?

arborlad wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:17 am
I've assumed nothing - you were trespassing on the neighbours land and a fence was erected by the neighbour to prevent that trespass.
We took the fence down and built a wall. You assumed otherwise - and you were wrong to do so.

arborlad wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:17 am
You are still shedding surface water on land you do not own or into a proper drain.
You don't know what I am doing. You haven't visited my garden (unless you've been stalking me in real life as well), and you certainly don't have any evidence for your assertion. Water runs off higher land onto lower land naturally. That's basic physics. There is no requirement for us to install a drain. Nothing illegal is occurring. You assumed otherwise - and, again, you were wrong to do so.

arborlad wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:17 am
I'll update you...........
Pointless in this thread - it needs to be the individual threads concerned...........while you're at it, an unanswered question from five years ago: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19320&start=75
I've noticed that you frequently complain of things appearing in the wrong thread, but in this case you are the one to blame. You referenced those three topics in this thread, hence I replied in this thread.

You really should be shocked by the stupidity of your assertions and depths to which you are sinking. Do you feel like you are being manipulated at all; like your thoughts aren't entirely your own?



It has nothing to do with being off topic, when someone asks for help and gets it, it's only common decency to update a thread when it is resolved or concluded.

The rest of your diatribe is not worthy of comment.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Drainage: The water has to go somewhere!

Post by arborlad » Mon May 27, 2019 10:44 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:08 pm
Could someone please give me some advice on a drainage issue?

My house is built on the top of a hill such that the back garden (16m wide by 20m long) slopes down towards the rear and left boundaries. Each boundary consists of a four-foot high earth bank (planted on top with quickthorn etc). On the other sides of the banks are a field and a private lane.

The problem is that the hedgebanks (consisting of heavy clay soil) trap all surface rainwater within my garden, so the lowest corner (about 30 or 40 square metres) looks like a large dirty swimming pool during the winter months.

Unfortunately, I can't remove the hedgebanks because their presence is a condition imposed by the Local Authority when they granted planning permission for our house. The only solution has been for me to install drainage pipes through the base of the banks - which I have done this summer.

However, the owner of the adjoining field and lane is now complaining about the water draining onto his land. Another neighbour living two fields away, down the hill, is also complaining about water "cascading" down the lane and onto his property. I can't see that the run-off from my garden is causing either of these neighbours any problems - especially when you consider that my garden's rain catchment area is only about 320 square metres, and most of that water is draining onto a 6000 square metre field used only for grazing.

Unfortunately, the rainwater has got to go somewhere - I can't make it flow uphill. And anyway, before the hedgebanks were built, the water would have run off into the field naturally.

Can anyone advise me of the legality of the situation? Have I done the wrong thing in installing the drainage pipes? I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks.



Does the same situation exist today - or have you made any changes?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

arborlad
Posts: 8399
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Tue May 28, 2019 10:22 am

MacadamB53 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 am
..............do these older threads refer to the same neighbour? and if they do, does this support arborlad’s suggestion that the neighbour might be using his drone to capture evidence seven years later?!?


This is the type of problem the quadcopter may be monitoring...............



Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:07 pm
However I don't really think it matters what he says they are to be used for. The fact is he knew that they would be driven over when he installed them so if he didn't make them strong enough, that's his problem.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Post Reply