Drainage: The water has to go somewhere!

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

arborlad

Re: Neighbour's quadcopter camera over my garden

Post by arborlad » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:22 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am

Arborlad, I am still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you 5 years ago. But you clammed up didn't you. I wonder why that was.

I believe the question to be a fiction, non-existent, a product of your imagination..................
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Morgan Sweet

Post by Morgan Sweet » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:54 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am

Arborlad, I am still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you 5 years ago. But you clammed up didn't you. I wonder why that was.
May I suggest Rosenberg, when dealing with any legal matters it is most important that you follow the accepted protocols. It is not (normally) the correct protocol to ask a question of a Judge and expect an answer, the predominant role of a Judge is to make rulings.

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:20 am

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:50 pm
The reason that I wrote I would prefer not to have you as a neighbour is due to nothing more than I hate having to listen to other people's music.

Music aside - how would you feel about a neighbour who drives over your land and gets all uppity when you prevent it, and sheds surface water onto it?

If Rosenberg's neighbour had joined the Forum at the time and asked for advice on the trespass - without exception the advice would be to erect something to prevent it!!!
arborlad

Morgan Sweet

Post by Morgan Sweet » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:03 pm

arborlad wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:20 am
Morgan Sweet wrote:
The reason that I wrote I would prefer not to have you as a neighbour is due to nothing more than I hate having to listen to other people's music.

Music aside - how would you feel about a neighbour who drives over your land and gets all uppity when you prevent it, and sheds surface water onto it?
To answer your question, I would not be too happy about it. In saying that, I do have neighbours who repeatedly ride horses over my drive way and use my drive as a vehicle turning area and passing bay but I am quite content for them to be my neighbours. It is surely dependant on the degree of aggravation. I did once close off my drive but it caused such a nuisance for everyone wanting to pass on a narrow single track road that I removed it (to be neighbourly). I can not abide unwanted music however, M'Lud.
Last edited by Morgan Sweet on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:03 pm
arborlad wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:20 am
Morgan Sweet wrote:

To answer your question, I would not be too happy about it. In saying that, I do have neighbours who repeatedly ride horses over my drive way and use my drive as a vehicle turning area and passing bay but I am quite content for them to be my neighbours. It is surely dependant on the degree of aggravation. I did once close off my drive but it caused such a nuisance for everyone wanting to pass on a narrow single track road that I removed it (to be neighbourly). I can not abide unwanted music however.

...............and the surface water?
arborlad

Morgan Sweet

Post by Morgan Sweet » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:22 pm

M'Lud, it would be dependant on the amount of surface water.

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:26 pm

Morgan Sweet wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:22 pm

No - it wouldn't, there is no amount of surface water you can shed onto your neighbours land.
arborlad

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:00 pm
I've heard of "intelligence-led policing", if that's what you mean.

That's an interesting choice of words, the OP in that thread did the right thing by reporting it to the police and giving the details, if there's another incident involving a van with two occupants but no details, the police can join the dots and the scrotes will be apprehended more swiftly.

The scrotes on the other hand are on an intelligence gathering exercise if they manage to gain access, they will notice the weak lock on the patio door, they will notice the expensive mower in an unlocked shed, they will notice the ladder tucked behind the garage, they will notice the dummy cameras from the real ones................
arborlad

Morgan Sweet

Post by Morgan Sweet » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:40 pm

arborlad wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:26 pm
Morgan Sweet wrote:

No - it wouldn't, there is no amount of surface water you can shed onto your neighbours land.
There you go, once again Arborlad, you did not comprehend the answer to the question you poised. You asked me how I would feel about a neighbour shedding water on to my land. I then replied that it would be dependant on the amount of surface water. Your response to my answer lacks understanding of both the question that you asked and my reply.

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi arborlad,

you: how would you [Morgan Sweet] feel about a neighbour who... ...sheds surface water onto it [your land]?

MS: it would be dependant on the amount of surface water

you: No - it wouldn’t, there is no amount of surface water you can shed onto your neighbours land.

I understand the point you’re trying to make, but the above makes no sense because your question never mentioned MS shedding water onto his neighbour’s land?!?

kind regards, Mac

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:02 am

Morgan Sweet wrote:

You are wrong.
arborlad

Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by Collaborate » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:30 am

This is a message to Admin.

Is there any chance this thread can be locked? It's deviated so far from its original purpose it now seems to be the equivalent of two drunks squaring up to each other outside a pub, neither wanting to "leave it" and neither letting it die a natural death.

raymilland

Post by raymilland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:11 am

Collaborate wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:30 am
This is a message to Admin.

Is there any chance this thread can be locked? It's deviated so far from its original purpose it now seems to be the equivalent of two drunks squaring up to each other outside a pub, neither wanting to "leave it" and neither letting it die a natural death.
+1 from me

Morgan Sweet

Post by Morgan Sweet » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:07 pm

arborlad wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:02 am
Morgan Sweet wrote:

You are wrong.
You continue to reply with quotes that are taken completely out of context. Please let me try and help you. You asked me how I would feel about surface water on by property. I replied, as above, that it would be dependant on the amount of surface water. You replied that I was wrong. How you presume to know how I would feel about surface water on my property baffles me. I think, as with many of your ill-informed rulings, that you are once again rather deluded. I will leave it there.

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:38 pm

Morgan Sweet wrote:

I misread, you are correct.
arborlad