Re: Potential damage from spiky chain

Post by arborlad » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:18 pm

Now merged!!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

FrTed

Post by FrTed » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:03 am

Its seems to me that a concrete or steel bollard at the end of the neighbours driveway would solve his problem and yours.

No fence to impede opening car doors and no chance of you cutting over his land which seems to be annoying him ( cant think why).
"No Dougal, these cows are SMALL, those cows are FAR AWAY"

arborlad

Re:

Post by arborlad » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:15 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:07 pm

And by the way: as long as I'm not doing anything illegal, it IS my right to do as I please on my own property.

Your intransigence in this matter is quite simply astounding. What you regard as your rights on your property apply equally to the neighbour and his property!!!
arborlad

arborlad

Re:

Post by arborlad » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:52 am

andrew54 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:36 pm
I will try to answer your question. If the 'slabs' are laid with the intention of being driven on, and all you do is drive on them, then I don't think you would be liable at all.

Paving flags often get disturbed and often break. These neighbouring ones might survive better if your drive is laid right up to them and at the same height.

I think this post has misled the OP into believing he has rights over the neighbours land or that the neighbour has any form of obligation(s) to the OP - which is simply not the case.
arborlad

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Rosenberg wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:31 am
Judge Arborlad has continued his search for my supposed wrong-doing on a twelve-year-old thread as well. It's getting a bit silly now M'lud.:

arborlad wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:15 am
Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:07 pm

And by the way: as long as I'm not doing anything illegal, it IS my right to do as I please on my own property.
Your intransigence in this matter is quite simply astounding. What you regard as your rights on your property apply equally to the neighbour and his property!!!
What do you think is wrong with that statement, arborlad? It is a concise, factually correct, summary of the benefits of property ownership.

arborlad wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:52 am
andrew54 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:36 pm
I will try to answer your question. If the 'slabs' are laid with the intention of being driven on, and all you do is drive on them, then I don't think you would be liable at all.

Paving flags often get disturbed and often break. These neighbouring ones might survive better if your drive is laid right up to them and at the same height.
I think this post has misled the OP into believing he has rights over the neighbours land or that the neighbour has any form of obligation(s) to the OP - which is simply not the case.
No it hasn't. It has nothing to do with our ownership of the land. My neighbour disagreed about the boundary line at the time of my first posts on the matter and I reluctantly believed him then. After the substantive part of my thread was complete - over a decade ago - we built our wall on the correct line.

Don't you understand that simple fact arborlad? I've told you about it before, but for some strange reason you seem to like picking over obsolete, twelve-year-old posts instead of assimilating new information.

Might I respectfully suggest that, if Judge Arborlad keeps going over the same ground in the ever-decreasing circles which he appears to favour, he'll one day end up disappearing into the "Judge's chamber", and all that will be left to dispense justice will be his home-made gavel and wig.

Your problem seems to stem from your colluding with your vendors and withholding document/s.
arborlad

Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:47 pm

arborlad wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:13 pm
Your problem seems to stem from your colluding with your vendors and withholding document/s.
a) What problem? It was solved many many years ago by us building a wall along the line of the original fence (which was there so long that it established the boundary position beyond doubt). In order to build the wall, we moved the slabs that Hyacinth had placed on our land, but he was in the wrong to encroach over the original fence line anyway.

b) There is nothing illegal about anything our vendors did. The law does not oblige them to be in possession of the original copies of every part of their deeds. The fact that the omission was to our advantage is of no consequence (other than to you).

c) How exactly do you think that omission disadvantaged us? We have exactly what we want.