Burglar tactic?

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

arborlad

Re: Burglar tactic?

Post by arborlad » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:49 am

I think it only right the OP gets to read these comments:
Rosenberg wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:29 pm
arborlad wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:45 pm
Rosenberg wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:22 pm
.................. I can confirm that a Daily Mail-reading middle-Englander panicking because some rough-looking types wanted to know the time is definitely "not-very-important".
Yes - I think you are deluded enough to actually believe yourself. The motive of those two scrotes was not even remotely connected to ascertaining the time :roll:
It seems you are the deluded one if you believe you can ascertain the intent of two people you have never met from nothing more than hearsay. That thread's OP didn't say a crime had occurred, just that these two people had asked for work and asked for the correct time.

Nevertheless "Judge Arborlad" has found them guilty of the most heinous crime of being "scrotes", together with everything that entails. Arborlad, you're sounding more and more like Despair, whom you frequently chastise for exactly the same kind of overly-judgemental response.

You really shouldn't be surprised that any right-thinking person would regard you (and many others on this forum) as snotty, prejudiced, Daily Mail-reading members of the Curtain-Twitching Middle-England Residents' Association.

Until such time that the OP reports that these two people have come back and actually engaged in a criminal act, it would seem only reasonable to reserve judgement.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:13 am

Well, I posted my comments for everyone to read.

As you've seen fit to copy them here from a different thread, with the intent of getting the OP of this thread to read them, it would seem to imply that they are somehow critical of the OP. They aren't. They are critical of you.

Your arrogance in believing the OP would be interested in comments about you is beyond belief.

Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:52 am

arborlad wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:42 pm
arborlad wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:49 am
I think it only right the OP gets to read these comments:
Rosenberg wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:29 pm

Until such time that the OP reports that these two people have come back and actually engaged in a criminal act, it would seem only reasonable to reserve judgement.
No right thinking individual would want this to happen - if you and the silly witch were the only ones to respond to this thread - you may well have got your wish!!! [Note, I have highlighted only one of your exclamation marks as the other two are superfluous.]

Prevention is always better than cure.
It's not my wish; it's the way things are. We don't live in the 1960s, Middle England, Dixon of Dock Green utopia that you think we do. The police have got real crimes to deal with.

What exactly would you expect them to say when somebody walks into the station and reports the horrific crime of a "shady-looking" character asking the time? Maybe:
  • OP: "Officer, can you help me? I was just dusting my Royal Doulton china with the hand-painted perwinkles, when I happened to glance through my nets to see two shady-looking characters pulling up outside my house in a tatty white transit van."

PC: "What were they doing?"

OP: "Well, they sat there looking shady. Then they even walked up my drive - right past the Volvo and the Mercedes - and rang my door bell!"

PC: "What did they say?"

OP: "They asked in a very shady way whether I wanted any gardening doing. I said NO, of course: they looked extremely shady."

PC: "Then what happened?"

OP: "It was very upsetting so I turned to go inside. I mean you read so much about shady-looking characters in the Daily Mail nowadays. There was one story where these shady characters actually moved in next door to normal decent people - and their house price plummeted! I thought voting for Brexit would put an end to all this. You just don't know what will happen next with these shady characters, do you."

PC: "What did happen?"

OP: "Well, he... he (sob) ... he actually... he asked me the time!"

PC: "OMG! The scrotes! I'll send the Armed Response Vehicle and the helicopter out to intercept them. Please sit down madam, while I call Victim Support. Can you give me a description of these brutal attackers?"

OP: "Well, they were very shady, if you know what I mean." (Taps side of nose. :wink: )

PC: "Say no more madam; they're obviously guilty."

OP: "Thank you PC Dixon."

Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by Collaborate » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24 am

Get a room you two.

FilthWizzard

Post by FilthWizzard » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:17 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24 am
Get a room you two.
I don't usually comment about such things, but in this case I think a month or two's ban each to allow for people to calm down might be the best approach. I suspect after a bit of an enforced walk-away there'd be less mithering. It doesn't seem likely that they're able to do this electively so I think we're passed the point where a little light encouragement becomes appropriate.

If this goes on much longer, no-one will be able to take either of them seriously ever again. Not on these forums anyway.

Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Collaborate wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24 am
Get a room you two.
Are you trying to pimp me out to Judge Arborlad? I hope he's not one of those spanking judges you read about in the gutter press. (Hmmm, I wonder whether he wears fishnets and suspenders under his home-made judge's gown...)

FilthWizzard wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:17 pm
I don't usually comment about such things, but in this case I think a month or two's ban each to allow for people to calm down might be the best approach. I suspect after a bit of an enforced walk-away there'd be less mithering. It doesn't seem likely that they're able to do this electively so I think we're passed [sic] the point where a little light encouragement becomes appropriate...
I'm quite calm already thanks FilthWizzard. A ban would be a bit pointless unless the forum is going to stop all new registrations. We'll have to wait and see.

FilthWizzard wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:17 pm
If this goes on much longer, no-one will be able to take either of them seriously ever again. Not on these forums anyway.
It must be great to be taken seriously FilthWizzard. Incidentally, what's the etymology of your user-name?

Uriah Heap

Post by Uriah Heap » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:41 pm

This is the best entertainment I have hqd since wimbeldon. it is better than watching the tennis. Can you both keep it on one court tho as it is a bit difficult swapping between topics :lol:

If it was illegal to try to drum up work by going door to door I would of been arrested years ago. People respond better face to face than just putting an ad in the paper

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:51 am

Uriah Heap wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:41 pm

If it was illegal to try to drum up work by going door to door I would of been arrested years ago.

Cold calling - in all its forms, has always been frowned upon. What work were you trying to 'drum up'?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Uriah Heap

Post by Uriah Heap » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:33 pm

arborlad wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:51 am
Uriah Heap wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:41 pm

If it was illegal to try to drum up work by going door to door I would of been arrested years ago.
Cold calling - in all its forms, has always been frowned upon. What work were you trying to 'drum up'?
Who frowns upon it? My customers seem ok with it. Nothinw wrong with it if your polite and not too pushy.
Drives, garden landscaping, slabs, turfing etc.
Better of they see a friendly face than a leaflet in the letterbox. Taht way they can see who they are dealing with. If they say No I just politely give them a leaflet and leave.
Hope you dont think I am a scrote. Didnt ask anybody the time tho. :lol:

Chunga

Post by Chunga » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:00 pm

I can only speak for the Metropolitan Police and for London. I sincerely hope that the comments that I make are not applicable to rural areas in the rest of the country,where the local population differs, in many respects.

Nobody would bother to drive a van around seeking to work in back gardens. It would scarcely cover the cost of diesel and parking charges.

A request for the time is almost invariably made to check if watch is worth stealing. It is easy to tell a genuine request, because the enquiror rushes off.

The police take no notice whatsoever of reports, of suspicious behaviour.

There are very many shady individuals loitering in the streets. Few are from the Indian sub-Continent.

IdefixUK
Number of topics per page: 25

Post by IdefixUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:29 pm

Chunga,
Please do not post comments relating to peoples' origins on this site. Thank you.
Regards

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:03 pm

IdefixUK wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:29 pm
Chunga,
Please do not post comments relating to peoples' origins on this site. Thank you.
Regards
or alleged origins...

Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:12 am

IdefixUK wrote:
Chunga,
Regards
Why? Are people sensitive about that sort of thing now? Or do we all have to belong to some homogenized, mid-tone, mixed-race amalgam. Everyone seems frightened to mention race in case they are called 'racist'. People should be proud of their race, not offended when somebody mentions it.

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:12 am
IdefixUK wrote:
Chunga,
Regards
Why? Are people sensitive about that sort of thing now? Or do we all have to belong to some homogenized, mid-tone, mixed-race amalgam. Everyone seems frightened to mention race in case they are called 'racist'. People should be proud of their race, not offended when somebody mentions it.
because it’s not relevant:

There are very many shady individuals loitering in the streets. Few are from the Indian sub-Continent.

Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:35 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am
Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:12 am
IdefixUK wrote:
Chunga,
Regards
because it’s not relevant:

My point exactly, so why hush somebody up about it? I can't see anyone objecting to a statement made about, for example, the colour of a hat a person was wearing, so why the sensitivity about the colour of that person's skin?