Neighbour's trees pushing over retaining wall

Luigi Mario

Neighbour's trees pushing over retaining wall

Post by Luigi Mario »

I'm looking for some advise regarding I assumed to be a party wall. We did pay 50/50 for a new fence on top of the retaining wall and we recently had to pay 50% for a new fence in the back garden. (They levelled their back garden, added flower beds and use the boundary fence to retain their garden.) :evil:

There is a retaining wall running along the boundary. It doesn't run throughout but around 65%. Just for clarification their property is on higher ground and the retaining wall is around three feet high. We discovered two major cracks in the retaining wall, 5 meters apart but those five meters of wall been pushed out by 15mm. The cracks in the wall run from the very top to the very bottom. Between the 5 meters of pushed out wall is a thin crack, again run from the very top to the very bottom.

On the neighbour side is a small hazel nut tree, another tree, a load of ivy and bushes. All this is right by the wall and I'm 99.9% sure their root system is the cause for the wall being heavily cracked and being pushed out.

I went to speak to the neighbour about the situation of the wall. I didn't demand him to take down his plants because legally I don't know where I stand. He had the cheek to accuse our plants maybe the cause for the wall cracked and being pushed from his side. He also refused to look at the damage and he said "I think about it."

So legally where do I stand? If the wall does fall down, I don't see why we should have to contribute 50% again for their neglect. I also wondered if we could force them to remove the trees and bushes that are pushing the retaining wall over. Sadly, I don't think I'm allowed to do it myself because I would make a start on my first day off work.
Luigi Mario

Re: Neighbour's trees pushing over retaining wall

Post by Luigi Mario »

Hi, would it possible to delete this thread?
Luigi Mario

Post by Luigi Mario »

Can you delete this thread please.....
Luigi Mario

Post by Luigi Mario »

Please delete
Luigi Mario

Post by Luigi Mario »

Please delete
Luigi Mario

Post by Luigi Mario »

Please delete
Luigi Mario

Post by Luigi Mario »

Please delete
Luigi Mario

Post by Luigi Mario »

Funny how the other thread is deleted but not this one. Even I'd asked this thread to be deleted.
Ann20

Post by Ann20 »

Hi
Sorry to cut in on your post but how do you get anything deleted ?. I'm asking continuously but getting no response.