Do I need a building regulation for garden office?

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.
Sk3270

Do I need a building regulation for garden office?

Post by Sk3270 »

Hi,
I am new to this and need some guidance. I am planning to build a garden office behind the three garages include mine, which are attached to my house. The garden office will be 5 meters long by 1.9 meters wide due to space constraints, and relocating to a larger house is not an option for me. Given that my two neighbours' garages are completely detached from their homes, I believe there shouldn't be any issues.

Since I work from home, I will need central heating in the garden office year-round as I cannot afford the electric heating cost.

Do I need building regulation approval for this project? Are there any other considerations I should be aware of?
MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Do I need a building regulation for garden office?

Post by MacadamB53 »

Sk3270 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:59 pm Hi,
I am new to this and need some guidance. I am planning to build a garden office behind the three garages include mine, which are attached to my house. The garden office will be 5 meters long by 1.9 meters wide due to space constraints, and relocating to a larger house is not an option for me. Given that my two neighbours' garages are completely detached from their homes, I believe there shouldn't be any issues.

Since I work from home, I will need central heating in the garden office year-round as I cannot afford the electric heating cost.

Do I need building regulation approval for this project? Are there any other considerations I should be aware of?
yup, it’ll need to meet building regs
Sk3270

Re: Do I need a building regulation for garden office?

Post by Sk3270 »

Ah! Thank you very much.