Burglar tactic?

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

MacadamB53
Posts: 6621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Burglar tactic?

Post by MacadamB53 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:39 am

Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:35 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am
Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:12 am

Why? Are people sensitive about that sort of thing now? Or do we all have to belong to some homogenized, mid-tone, mixed-race amalgam. Everyone seems frightened to mention race in case they are called 'racist'. People should be proud of their race, not offended when somebody mentions it.
because it’s not relevant:

There are very many shady individuals loitering in the streets. Few are from the Indian sub-Continent.
My point exactly, so why hush somebody up about it? I can't see anyone objecting to a statement made about, for example, the colour of a hat a person was wearing, so why the sensitivity about the colour of that person's skin?
if you start commenting on folk’s choice of hat in your postings, I’ll suggest you stop - because it’s not relevant...

arborlad
Posts: 8340
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Burglar tactic?

Post by arborlad » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:27 am

arborlad wrote:
Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:18 pm
surroundsaund wrote:Good advice on all counts.

I've called 101 and let them know his description and registration plate.

Not sure if they'd be interested in the neighbour's place. Its in disrepair, perhaps they want to illegally squat but I wouldn't think there is anything of value in there.

Have also let the neighbours know. Good advice arborlad.

A house a street away was burgled in broad daylight last Friday - I was even working from home that day - so I'm just that little bit more concerned.

Thanks again folks.

You've done everything right and nothing wrong - don't let a lone voice in the wilderness dissuade you from that.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

MacadamB53
Posts: 6621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Burglar tactic?

Post by MacadamB53 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 am

arborlad wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:27 am
arborlad wrote:
Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:18 pm
surroundsaund wrote:Good advice on all counts.

I've called 101 and let them know his description and registration plate.

Not sure if they'd be interested in the neighbour's place. Its in disrepair, perhaps they want to illegally squat but I wouldn't think there is anything of value in there.

Have also let the neighbours know. Good advice arborlad.

A house a street away was burgled in broad daylight last Friday - I was even working from home that day - so I'm just that little bit more concerned.

Thanks again folks.

You've done everything right and nothing wrong - don't let a lone voice in the wilderness dissuade you from that.
have you posted this to the correct thread?

arborlad
Posts: 8340
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Burglar tactic?

Post by arborlad » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:58 am

MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 am
arborlad wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:27 am
arborlad wrote:
Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:18 pm



You've done everything right and nothing wrong - don't let a lone voice in the wilderness dissuade you from that.
have you posted this to the correct thread?



Which do you see as the 'correct' thread?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

Rosenberg
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Burglar tactic?

Post by Rosenberg » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:55 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:39 am
Rosenberg wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:35 pm
MacadamB53 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am
because it’s not relevant:

There are very many shady individuals loitering in the streets. Few are from the Indian sub-Continent.
My point exactly, so why hush somebody up about it? I can't see anyone objecting to a statement made about, for example, the colour of a hat a person was wearing, so why the sensitivity about the colour of that person's skin?
if you start commenting on folk’s choice of hat in your postings, I’ll suggest you stop - because it’s not relevant...
In your own argumentative way, you seem to be agreeing with me Mac.

MacadamB53
Posts: 6621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Burglar tactic?

Post by MacadamB53 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:29 am

Hi Rosenberg,

you: I can't see anyone objecting to a statement made about, for example, the colour of a hat a person was wearing

me: if you start commenting on folk’s choice of hat in your postings, I’ll suggest you stop - because it’s not relevant...

which bit makes you think we’re in agreement?!?

confused regards, Mac

MacadamB53
Posts: 6621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Burglar tactic?

Post by MacadamB53 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Hi Rosenberg,

There is nothing which suggests agreement in the carefully selected passages which you quoted (as you clearly know).

thank you for complimenting me for being careful in my selection of passages, but it really wasn’t that hard as the first “passage” is my comment and the second is your direct response - nothing else.

There is however something more significant if you take this thread in its entirety...

I was not author to the thread in its entirety, just my own postings.

kind regards, Mac

Post Reply